Topic: Easy way to edit previously created galleries?

Hi there,

So first off, everything is working great for me and I love the viewer. However, I'm having an issue with recalling/opening previously created galleries.

I've been having to remake the entire gallery each time I need to upload new photos. Is there away around this?

I thought I'd be able to open the gallery.xml file of each but it isn't selectable when I've located it. What am I missing here?

Thank you for your time and your product.

Re: Easy way to edit previously created galleries?

You can edit an existing gallery using svBuilder by clicking the 'Open Gallery...' button and then navigating towards the gallery folder on your local hard drive.
After editing and re-saving a gallery, you will have to upload any new thumbnails, images and, if you have made any changes to the gallery's configuration options, the modified 'gallery.xml' file also.

If you are looking for a solution to manager existing galleries online, then take a look at svManager which you may find useful: http://simpleviewer.net/svmanager/

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Well I've done that ("open gallery") and the gallery.xml file is not selectable.

Ok solved my own problem. The folder opened must contain the gallery.xml file, as well as all the files needed for the viewer. The gallery.xml file is not selectable but the folder containing it is.

That is correct. Thank you for posting back to let us know you have solved your problem.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.