Topic: trouble loading gallery to my php website

Hi,
Love the program and impressed by your forum. I need help figuring out why my gallery from svBuilder won't show up on my webpage. I have been through your Embedding Guide, and reviewed similar posts on the forum, still no luck.

My page can be found at  http://www.eyekons.com/church_image_banks/cd_psalm_23

I have been at this for 3 hours now, thinking I have the wrong path on my server, still no luck.
the files from my gallery folder are embedded in the same folder as the html page they appear on.

Do I need to give a path to the index file? I am at a loss and would appreciate any help.

Thank you,
amy

Re: trouble loading gallery to my php website

The embedding code on your http://www.eyekons.com/church_image_banks/cd_psalm_23 page contains the line:

<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>

Therefore, your gallery's 'svcore' folder should be uploaded to the same directory as the HTML page into which the gallery is embedded but it does not appear to be there as going directly to www.eyekons.com/church_image_banks/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js in a browser results in an error 404 (file not found).
Make sure your gallery's 'svcore' folder has been uploaded into your 'church_image_banks' folder alongside the HTML page into which the gallery is embedded.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven,
thanks for the quick reply - I am anxious to get these galleries up and live.
My svcore folder is indeed in the same directory as the html page that the script is embedded in.
I have a snapshot of my server - anyway I can email that to you?

What next?
Amy

amy@eyekons.com

Please check your email. I have sent you a message.

Steven Speirs

Your screenshot does not show the complete structure of your web site but from what I can see, the location of the 'svcore' folder should be http://www.eyekons.com/app/views/church … ks/svcore/.
Instead of using a relative path the 'svcore' folder, try using an absolute path.
Also, you could try embedding your gallery using one of these two methods (uploading your gallery folder in its entirety and using either the baseURL option or an <iframe>.

Steven Speirs

Success - Thanks Steven - Your last email commenting on how the folder the Gallery resided in wasn't made public was the key. I placed my Gallery folder in my webroot folder - the same one I have my site map & Google index etc in., re-routed the path on my page and it worked!

Finally - gratification. Thank you for your willingness to help me - all that help for a free download - I will remember and recommend you! Now - I have some work to get done!

Thx,
Amy

Hi Steven,
My Galleries are working great. Thank you for your help. It makes my site look more professional, and it's an easy solution for me to get images up quickly for my customers to see.

I have one more question I was hoping to get your help on.

I am trying to load 4 galleries on one page, only one gallery showing at a time, and I have looked at the source code of the samples given in the help section, and tried a few things, but no luck.

While you were helping me, we discovered my website public access is different that what is assumed in the examples "SimpleViewer" shows. So, to get my site to work with SimpleViewer, I use the iframe code:

<iframe src="http://www.eyekons.com/app/webroot/CDGalleryAdventS/indexAdventS.html" width="800" height="550" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

So - can you tell me how I need to edit my iframe code on this page:
        http://www.eyekons.com/church_image_ban … for_advent 
to get each gallery to display when the link is clicked.

Or whatever I need to do to get my galleries to show up one at a time.

Thank you in advance - your help is appreciated.
Amy

thank you - I will email you a page shot of my server so you can see where my files are.

If using an <iframe> to display your gallery, you could target the <iframe> with a different gallery for different links.
For example, say you have uploaded two complete gallery folders named 'gallery1' and 'gallery2'.
Your page could include code, such as the following, to initially display the first gallery:

<iframe id="gal" name="gal" src="gallery1/index.html" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

You could then have a link on your page, such as the following, which would load the desired gallery into the <iframe>.

<a href="gallery2/index.html" target="gal">Click to view Gallery 2</a>

In doing this, you could have several links for several galleries all interchangeable in a single <iframe> on your page.

Steven Speirs

Hi Steven,
Thanks for the help. I have revised the code like mentioned, and two things:

1) My other gallery links show up in a new window, rather than replacing the gallery on the page
2) my last gallery "Flight Into Egypt" displays flush left rather than centered.

Any advice?
Amy

1) My other gallery links show up in a new window, rather than replacing the gallery on the page

Sorry. The <iframe>'s 'id' and 'name' should match (certain browsers use 'id', others use 'name' which is why both are required). In my code above they did not. I have now edited my post to reflect the correct code which should be as follows.

<iframe id="gal" name="gal" src="gallery1/index.html" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

The XML file for the gallery that is not centered does not currently have maxImageWidth and maxImageHeight entries.
Try adding maxImageWidth="450" and maxImageHeight="450" to the gallery's XML file.

Steven Speirs

Thank you Steven,

That worked - once again, I appreciate your willingness to help!

Amy