Topic: Image "order" incorrect...?

I have sequenced a large number of images by filename ex.

image01
image02
image03...etc.

When using the browser option for selecting images, I am noticing that sv decides to "reorder" in a non-numberic (logic) fashion.

Any reason why the program is doing this...the resulting example is below (as it shows once all the images are loaded)...???

image88
image01
image02
image03...etc

Re: Image "order" incorrect...?

Are you referring to using the 'Browse' button in svBuilder-Pro?
Do all your images have the same file extensions (eg .jpg, .JPEG)?
I realise it does not directly address the issue you are raising but once the images have been added to the list in svBuilder-Pro, you can reorder them by dragging and dropping.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Yes Steven -- the browse button on the left hand column.

Yes, all files have the same extension .jpg.

In my case, I recently created a 300 image gallery.  Not too feasible to drag and drop.

I was just curious as to why the program handles them this way.

Interestingly enough, the windows interface dialog box shows them in correct, ascending, order (ie, 1, 2, 3, etc), its only when selection is complete and sv begins the import process that it chooses to re-order them.

ps. this problem is easy to replicate - i'm running winXP

Any thoughts...?  Thanks in advance.

The only thing that comes to mind is that, if you select a number of images at once and drag-and-drop them to copy them to a new location, then Windows copies the image you clicked on to drag-and-drop first and then proceeds with the rest in alphabetical order.
This does not seem to be relevant but I thought I'd mention it in case it somehow helps you make sense of your scenario.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steven.

Thanks. I am using the "select first" file to anchor, ie. 001.jpg and then scrolling in the box to find the last file, selecting while holding shift and then selecting "ok" in the dialog box.

We can close this inquiry out.  I'll just make a note that i have to manually tell the program to reorder alphabetically from the menu option at the top.

Thanks for all the input and suggestions.