Topic: NON-Flash version

Does anyone know is someone has developed a alternative "non-Flash" imageviewer that uses the SimpleViewer XML-file?
I mean as an alternative for those that hasn't got Flash installed.

Re: NON-Flash version

You can do allot with having to use flash ( unless you mean users not having flash). Use the viewer.swf as is and modify options, your html page etc.
SV is based on Flash.

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Hi Flash ho, and thanks for your answer.

I am fully aware that SV is based on Flash and I love it! It is easy to configure and very powerful and I have created a nice page with pictures from my wedding.
Unfortunately a few of my colleagues don't have a recent enough version of Flash on their computers a hence can't see it. Neither are they allowed to install a newer version either so I was thinking of making a non-Flash version for them. Not necessarily with the same design but just something that read the XML and presented to pictures on a page.

I've read somewhere that about 90-95 of all users supports Flash which is a very high numbre, however it means that 5-10% don't. So what I mean is that I can't be the first one running into this "problem"?

Ahh, I undersatnd now.
You could add an "express install" to automagically have the users player upgraded to the latest player. Would that help?

google or search adobe site for the express info.

Reading the xml for html presentation may be possible, but someone else will need to answer that as I'm not familar with the choices.

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

I use picasa to generate SV web gallery.
In picasa you can find a number of html gallery template (without flash)
I would make a SV and a html gallery from pics and make 2 link onto homepage

regards....