Topic: Calculating width of embedded mobile on high pixel ratios

Im using the embedded method on a site that is responsive.  Normal pages render the same to the width of the device screen (in this case a Nexus S). What I couldn't figure out was why pages with embedded galleries were rendering at a larger size.

Turns out that devices with higher than normal pixel ratios (I.e. iPhone retina displays, etc) are rendering at the normal size multiplied by the ratio so my sites are rendering at something like 1.5x the normal width.  I'm wondering if this is a flash issue as any other CSS work I've done seems to snap to the normal width.

Hoping there might be some info available.

Thanks!

Re: Calculating width of embedded mobile on high pixel ratios

I'm wondering if this is a flash issue as any other CSS work I've done seems to snap to the normal width.

This is not likely to be a Flash issue as the iPhone does not support Flash and the Mobile Player does not use Flash to display the gallery.
Are you able to post the URL to a gallery that is not displaying as expected so that I could take a look and possibly help further? Thank you.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven

Thanks for the reply.  Is there any way to PM you a link?

Last edited by sswany (2011-10-19 02:38:40)

Please check your email. I have sent you a message.

Steven Speirs

Link received. Thank you.
I have viewed your test gallery on my iPod Touch (iOS 5.0) and it seems to display fine.
The main image in the gallery is no wider than the screen in both landscape and portrait orientation.
The gallery also displays OK in browsers on my PC (both Flash Player and Mobile Player).
Unfortunately, I do not have a Nexus S to be able to see what you are seeing.
The 'simpleviewer.js' file you are currently using does not have a comment at the beginning to let me know which version of SimpleViewer-Pro you are using. Please make sure that you are using the most recent version (v2.1.3). It may help.
Please see here for details on 'Upgrading SimpleViewer-Pro': http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … grade.html

Steven Speirs

Agreed with what you tested it on too - I have a couple of phones I test on, so the only ones that are showing the issue are ones with higher pixel ratios than normal (i.e. Samsung AMOLED displays, Apple Retina, etc.).

Maybe I'll try to email you a couple screenshots to better show you.  Not the end of the world in any way, but would love to find out what's triggering it since everything is set to 100%.

Thanks again for taking a look.