Topic: Image cache

Hello  smile ,
I am a beginner. Is it possible to stop browser caching? smile  I would like the gallery to load images directly from the server without saving them on the local disk. I have v1.9
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by gigo (2011-10-18 14:14:56)

Re: Image cache

Is it possible to stop browser caching?

In order to prevent the gallery's XML file being cached, use the following line in your embedding code before the fo.write("flashcontent"); line:

fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "gallery.xml?nocache="+new Date().getTime());

I would like gallery to load images directly from server, without saving them on a local disk.

Your gallery's images should be uploaded to your web server. There is no need to save the images to a local drive in order to have them displayed in a SimpleViewer gallery.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the answer.
I would like to give some more details to my inquire:
the gallery is uploaded on the server, when the viewers open the gallery all the images are downloaded to temporary folder (cached), so my question is if it is possible to open (view) each image at the moment of viewing (clicking) directly from the server NOT from the temporary folder (cache)? So is it possible to view the images without their download in advance to temporary folder?  smile

Attempting to prevent a user's browser from using its cache is not specifically a SimpleViewer query.
Try a web search with terms such as 'prevent browser caching' and you may find some suggestions but perhaps no definite solution.

Steven Speirs

Thank You for Your answer.

Does Your answer mean that gallery SimpleViewer has no function even in source actionscript files for stopping the download of ALL images at the moment when the gallery is loaded?

I have found a solution to stop cache which works well for the whole HTML pages of my website except with the gallery which loads the images before they are shown.

I want the gallery to download the images directly from the server at the moment of viewing/click. For example, I open the gallery, the small images (thumbnails) and the 1st big one are shown (downloaded),  then I want to view for example the 6th image, so I click on the 6th thumbnail and the 6th big image starts to download from the server (NOT from the downloaded in advance all images at the moment of first opening of the gallery as it happens NOW).

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for explaining further.
I think you might like to set imagePreloading="NONE" in your gallery's XML file.
Please see the 'Main Image' section of the 'SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options' page for details: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … #mainimage

Steven Speirs