Topic: Gallery page outside of SimpleViewer folder

Hi,

I'm using SimpleViewer for my website and have built a gallery using svBuilder. It's all great and works fine but I need some advice.

Obviously when you save your gallery everything is saved and contained in a SimpleViewer folder (in which everything works great), however I'd like the page that the gallery is put on to be OUTSIDE of this folder. Thinking this would be easy I just pasted the code into the page and made sure I changed the parts which referred to specific file locations to be correct (adding "SimpleViewer/" onto the beginning of their location). Only problem is I'm getting "Gallery XML not found".

Obviously the simple way of resolving this would be to have the gallery page inside the folder but ideally I'd like to keep it where it is. Is there anything else I need to change to make it work?

Just to clarify, the page the gallery is on would have the location: My site/gallery.html

The SimpleViewer folder is: My site/SimpleViewer/

I changed the embed code to:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="SimpleViewer/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "770", "525", "000000", true);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get this to work?

Re: Gallery page outside of SimpleViewer folder

Just to clarify, the page the gallery is on would have the location: My site/gallery.html

Use the baseURL option to point to the gallery folder:

<script type="text/javascript" src="SimpleViewer/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
var flashvars={};
flashvars.baseURL="SimpleViewer/";
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "770", "525", "000000", true, flashvars);
});
</script>

This method of embedding is described in the Using an External Gallery Folder section of the 'SimpleViewer Embedding Guide'.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Gallery page outside of SimpleViewer folder

Steven Speirs wrote:

Use the baseURL option to point to the gallery folder:

var flashvars={};
flashvars.baseURL="SimpleViewer/";
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "770", "525", "000000", true, flashvars);
});
</script>

This method of embedding is described in the Using an External Gallery Folder section of the 'SimpleViewer Embedding Guide'.

Thanks, working perfectly now.