Topic: Changing caption title colour when using FLICKR

I am using SimpleViewer Pro as a wordpress plugin. The source for my images in Flickr. I am struggling with one issue. I need to be able to change the title colour of the captions. At the moment, when sourced from Flickr, the caption title is white. Is there a way to change the colour ? I am guessing, the code is imported in from Flickr, so perhaps it is not possible ? sad

Any help would be VERY much appreciated !

The gallery can be viewed at http://beckiereed.com/gallery/

Many thanks.

Isaac Reed

Re: Changing caption title colour when using FLICKR

Use the following in your gallery's XML file:
titleFontColor="#FFFFFF" (Flash Player - Title Color)
captionFontColor="#FFFFFF" (Flash Player - Caption Color)
mobileThumbsTextColor="#FFFFFF" (Mobile Player - Title and Page Count Color on thumbnails screen)
mobileCaptionTextColor="#FFFFFF" (Mobile Player - Caption Color)
... changing the hex color codes to suit your web page.
All available SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options can be found on this page: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … tions.html

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Many thanks. I had tried these but to no avail. However, having switched Flicker Id's, the problem has now gone !

Many thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Isaac

Hi,

I've just downloaded v2.2 Pro and stumbled across the same problem while fiddling with new mobile options – white caption text on Flickr images on iPhone. My iOS version is 4.2.1, my test gallery XML has the following options:

textColor="FFFF00" (yellow)
titleFontColor="0000FF" (blue)
captionFontColor="FF00FF" (magenta)
mobileCaptionTextColor="FF0000" (red)
mobileThumbsTextColor="00FF00" (green)

(color names are my comments, not included in the real XML)

Text on thumbnails page is OK (green title and Page X of Y), but the text caption (technically: Title, in case of Flickr photo, not Description) is white, and should be red. But look, photo number (X/Y) is red-colored. Please note, that Standard (not Pro) option textColor is still honored in Pro player and is only partially modified by the pro captionFontColor and titleFontColor options, in case of desktop player.
If I correctly understand: Standard option textColor sets all text colors (gallery Title, photo Title and Description/Caption) on desktop player, then Pro option captionFontColor overrides only a Caption (Description) part of the text, on desktop player, and Pro option titleFontColor overrides gallery title. On mobile device it has no effect

Desktop (Flash) viewer:
https://img.skitch.com/20111027-kq7ynui … 2qwn2b.png

Mobile viewer:
https://img.skitch.com/20111027-tq3f715 … x37mrh.png

BTW, titleFontColor, captionFontColor, captionBackColor still lack descriptions on Pro Config Options page (empty field). In case of Flickr users there’s some confusion what is title/description (Flickr’s terminology) and what is title/caption (SV terminology). A little clarification on Config Options pages would help.
Furthermore, Caption in option keywords means something different in desktop player showing Flickr photos (means: photo description, not title) than in all other cases, when caption means just a photo title. A little frustrating when troubleshooting.

@komor

Text on thumbnails page is OK (green title and Page X of Y), but the text caption (technically: Title, in case of Flickr photo, not Description) is white, and should be red.

Thank you for posting your findings. I have now logged a bug report.

If I correctly understand: Standard option textColor sets all text colors (gallery Title, photo Title and Description/Caption) on desktop player, then Pro option captionFontColor overrides only a Caption (Description) part of the text, on desktop player, and Pro option titleFontColor overrides gallery title. On mobile device it has no effect

That is correct.

BTW, titleFontColor, captionFontColor, captionBackColor still lack descriptions on Pro Config Options page (empty field).

Thank you for reporting. They have now been filled in.

Steven Speirs

Thanks for quick response, Steven. To summarize thinks more, there’s yet another option, flickrTitleFontColor (description empty in the docs!), which overrides Standard option textColor in the case of desktop/Flickr player variant. It does what is says. And it has a mobile equivalent mobileCaptionTextColor in case of mobile/Flickr player variant (Title=Caption this time!), which is a little buggy for now, as described in my prev post.

It would be nice to add comment about all overriding params to the textColor description in case of Pro docs. I mean a list of: captionFontColor, titleFontColor, flickrTitleFontColor, which override a global value set by textColor.

Other options with no description in the docs: backButtonFontColor, backButtonFontSize, backButtonFontName, backButtonBackColor, almost all options from the Fixed Layout Positions section (IMHO should include legal values/units and a link to Fixed Layout Guide), watermarkLinkTarget, watermarkPadding. And aforementioned flickrTitleFontColor.

Thanks for great work!

Last edited by komor (2011-10-27 11:58:27)

Thank you for the suggestions.
The missing descriptions on the 'SimpleViewer Pro Config Options' have now been filled in and the options which override textColor have been marked as such.

Steven Speirs