Topic: Changing galllery directory wp-simpleviewer

Hi,

Simpleviewer is great product and I'm thankful for your support.

In reference to the Wordpress plugin:

I recently upgraded from v2.1 to v2.2.  My version is Pro, so I upgraded that, too.  When I did, the plugin couldn't see the XML files anymore.  I started over, and it has nothing to do with Pro; the plugin upgrade alone exhibited the same behavior--can't see the XML files. (returns fatal errors on lines 795 and 800).

More details:

I have been using the default directory for my XML files (/wp-content/uploads/).  However, my actual uploads are set to a custom directory (/images/blog-images/).

However, if I put the XML files in my upload folder (/images/blog-images/) the plugin sees them.  But I don't want them there.

Is there a way I can define a custom folder for my XML files that differs from the one I have set for uploads in WP?

Thanks

Thanks!

Re: Changing galllery directory wp-simpleviewer

Is there a way I can define a custom folder for my XML files that differs from the one I have set for uploads in WP?

Not easily. The folder where the XML files are stored ('wp-content/uploads/') is hard-coded into the WP-SimpleViewer files and is not user-changeable via a configuration option.
By the looks of things, it would require modifying several lines of code and functions in more than one file.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Let me back up or try to simplify.

My XML files currently reside in ('wp-content/uploads/').
My general Wordpress upload folder is set to a custom directory ('/images/blog-images/').

Everything works fine in v2.1

When I upgraded to v2.2, SimpleViewer began returning a fatal error on lines 795 and 800.

Only when I moved my XML files to ('/images/blog-images/') does it work.

Is it not possible to have my XMLs reside in ('wp-content/uploads/'), and meanwhile point WP to a different directory for uploads?  (Changing the upload is a simple option on the settings page of Wordpress and doing-so didn't effect v2.1).

Thanks

I have just checked the files for WP-SimpleViewer v2.1.3 and WP-SimpleViewer v2.2.0 and only the 'svcore' folder, the 'readme.txt' file and the version number within the 'wp-simpleviewer.php' file have changed. The code for the plugin itself is exactly the same as before so whatever worked with v2.1.3 should also work with v2.2.0.

My general Wordpress upload folder is set to a custom directory ('/images/blog-images/').

Only when I moved my XML files to ('/images/blog-images/') does it work.

Yes. WP-SimpleViewer creates the XML files in the designated WordPress uploads folder so expects them to be there.

Is it not possible to have my XMLs reside in ('wp-content/uploads/'), and meanwhile point WP to a different directory for uploads?

When creating a gallery, WP-SimpleViewer uploads both the XML file and the images to the designated WordPress uploads folder (the images within subfolders).
As far as I am aware, it is not possible to define different paths for XML files and images but after the gallery has been created, you could always edit the XML file in a plain text editor to change the imageURL entries to point to the images in a different location.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I have just checked the files for WP-SimpleViewer v2.1.3 and WP-SimpleViewer v2.2.0 and only the 'svcore' folder, the 'readme.txt' file and the version number within the 'wp-simpleviewer.php' file have changed.

Well, I think it was ver 2.1.1 that I had previously.  Regardless, It's not that big of a deal where the XMLs reside.

Thanks!

http://www.newperspectivefilms.com/photography