Topic: Adding PAYPAL to each individual photo?!?!?!?! HELP HELP

Hi ,

I got simpleviewer pro in order to basically show off my art pieces and basically have the option of buying each piece that of art that they see. HOW THE HELL DO I DO THAT in the easiest way?!?!?!

I have a flashcart / paypal / etc... i just can't figure out how to let simpleviewer and the Flashcart work together?

Anyone have any good help?!?!?! i need it ASAP !!!

Re: Adding PAYPAL to each individual photo?!?!?!?! HELP HELP

I imagine the easiest way to do this is to add a link in the caption text for each image, that links to the paypal purchase page for that image.

So the caption for each image (in gallery.xml), would be something like this:

<caption><!&#91;CDATA&#91;This is the image description.<a href="myPayPalURL">To buy this image, click here.</a>&#93;&#93;></caption>

Where myPayPalURL would be the link URL to your artwork for sale in paypal. Check the paypal documentation for how to get this URL.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Well this is the default code required for Paypal, how do i integrate this into the caption code?

<form name="_xclick" target="paypal" action="https://www.paypal.com" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_cart">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="me@mybusiness.com">
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="HTML book">
<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="24.99">
<input type="image" src="http://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/sc-but-01.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">
<input type="hidden" name="add" value="1">
</form>

anyone??!?!?!  Im really keen to resolve this thanks.

I think what Felix means is that in the caption on the gallery page, you will put a link to a page that contains all that other code and from that second page they would be able to purchase what they had seen on the gallery page.

in the caption on the gallery page, you will put a link to a page that contains all that other code and from that second page they would be able to purchase what they had seen on the gallery page.

Exactly. There is no way to include the paypal code directly into the flash caption text.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Has anyone seen an example of a link to paypal embedded in the caption text?  Or, better yet, a mod where a paypal button has been added to SimpleViewer?  Thanks!

couldn't someone (and by someone..I mean not me, or I would) create a php page that would open a common header, footer and in the midde (body) it would load the image based on the info from the xml document and include the paypal ifo also generated from the info from within the xml. I am not a programmer but it seems like it should be simple. That way you could just build one page and href to it from everyimage to produce a purchase page for that image. I would be willing to pay for such a page if anyone is interested in building it.

Also Felix thanks a million for creating this gallery, I run pro 1.8 and it was well worth the price. Thanks again.

Has anyone seen an example of a link to paypal embedded in the caption text?  Or, better yet, a mod where a paypal button has been added to SimpleViewer?  Thanks!

I have but I don't want to rewrite that (the can't post forum BUG still exist)

Benny
tips: wrote height 23 px in the style html to prevent less top space...

www fineraw com

I'v hacked together a shopping cart link that uses the standard paypal cart.
I pass the Price and Item name through the XML file with <ppprice> <ppitem>. It's super sloppy but I guess it works.

I've had to edit the ImageArea.as, Options.as, StageManager.as, XMLManager.as, as well as the FLA file to hold the Paypal button, price and form code.

I'd post the link, but I can't get it to work on this forum -  :x

Unfortunately I have no use for the code since my client has more options that what Paypal will allow.