Topic: thumbnails missing from smart phones and ipad

gallery thumbnails missing from Samsung smart phone browser and ipad (possibly all smart phone browsers?).

Works properly on desktop browsers: Safari (Mac & Windows), Firefox (Mac & Windows), Opera (Mac & Windows), Google Chrome,
Internet Explorer.

Also, large image too big for smart phone screens - is this an XML large image size issue?
Or should Simple Viewer Mobile be resizing the large images?

Re: thumbnails missing from smart phones and ipad

gallery thumbnails missing from Samsung smart phone browser and ipad (possibly all smart phone browsers?).

Make sure that you have set mobileShowThumbs="TRUE" in your gallery's XML file.

Also, large image too big for smart phone screens - is this an XML large image size issue?

If you are viewing the gallery on its own by opening the gallery's HTML index page in a mobile device browser, the main images should not be larger than the available viewport size (unless the user has zoomed in).
If they are, please post the URL to your gallery so that we can take a look.
If you are embedding the gallery in an existing HTML page alongside other content, please check your page's CSS, especially the widths and heights of all parent containers of the gallery's 'sv-container' <div>.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I have the index page in an iframe on This Page and on mobile fallback the images way exceed the iframe constraints. (The gallery was made with svmanager)

Your gallery uses SimpleViewer-Standard v2.1.1.
Thumbnail support for the Mobile Player was added in v2.1.2.
Please see the SimpleViewer Version History for a full list of changes.
Please upgrade your gallery by replacing the http://vegashypnosisshow.com/svmanager/g1/svcore/ folder with the 'svcore' folder from the SimpleViewer-Standard download package ('simpleviewer_231/web/svcore/') and thumbnails will then be displayed. (SimpleViewer-Standard can be downloaded from this web page.)
Please also upgrade your svManager installation, by following the instructions here, so that galleries created in the future use the latest SimpleViewer-Standard files.

Steven Speirs

I was not aware a new version had been released. I will try that.

Where do I get the upgrade for our svmanager? The link we were sent has since been lost.

Last edited by smappdooda (2012-12-06 01:24:43)

Please fill in this Upgrade Request Form to request a new download link.

Steven Speirs

The person who had all that info is no longer with us. I assume we would have to re-buy it at this point? Is there another way to prove we actually own it?

Please complete the Upgrade Request Form to the best of your ability (with an approximate date of purchase and details of the name and/or email address of the person who originally purchased the product) and fill in the 'Comments' section with any relevant information which might help with a search.
I do not personally have access to transaction records but filling in the form will ensure that the relevant information is sent to the correct department who will be able to perform a search, hopefully find your original transaction and provide you with a new download link.

Steven Speirs