Topic: no zoom via desktop or mobile browsers

Galleries load and display fine in both desktop and mobile devices tested so far, however the gallery will not resize by way of zooming in through a browser (both desktop and mobile) ?

Is there some fix for this? Client needs to be able to zoom in via the browser.

Re: no zoom via desktop or mobile browsers

Zooming in on a gallery in a browser (using a magnifying feature) will not trigger the gallery to dynamically resize.
(If it did, then it would surely defeat the purpose of zooming in.)
A SimpleViewer gallery will resize dynamically only when the browser window's size is changed by the user (and then only if the gallery's dimensions (and the dimensions of all parent containers) are expressed in percentages rather than fixed pixel values).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Zooming via desktop or mobile browser window resize still not working.

I've tried expressing ALL containers AND image sizes in percentages, in many different configurations, but zooming still doesn't work.

I looked at the examples in the SimpleViewerPro folder "/examples/HTML_embed/" and the "javascript_API.html" will resize only a couple sizes,
then stay at a fixed size, while the rest of the text on the page will resize further. I can replicate this with my gallery and CSS, but still not working totally correct.

Here's an example web site that the images resize with the browser's window resizing (MAC Safari "command +"): http://www.jeanshin.com/profiles.htm

I understand this site does not use Simple Viewer Pro.

Is there a remedy for this? - This really important to my client.

Thank you for explaining further. I think I understand your problem better now.
Zooming in on a Flash gallery in a browser will not work due to the gallery being a Flash presentation.
As far as I am aware, the only solution to have a SimpleViewer gallery that can be zoomed into would be to force the gallery to be displayed by the Mobile Player (using HTML) by setting the useFlash Embed Code Parameter in the embedding code to 'false'.
Also, you would need to make sure that the gallery will not dynamically resize (to counteract the zooming action) by setting the gallery's dimensions to fixed pixel values (rather than percentages) via the width and height Embed Code Parameters.

Steven Speirs

Thanks Steven...

I set up as stated. The thumbnails zoom, but now the main images do not load.

I also tried a test gallery, from scratch, and received the same results - any other tips?

The thumbnails zoom, but now the main images do not load.

I am able to zoom in on a main image (using CTRL + mouse wheel) in Firefox 7.0.1, Safari 5.1.1 and IE9 on my PC with a Mobile gallery of fixed width and height.
Try zooming in using another browser to see if you get teh same results.
Also, if you upload your gallery and post its URL, I can take a look.

Steven Speirs