Topic: iPad display not showing and/or disorder

working in iPad but when I click a thumb pic i see the big picture in embeded space, but I can not move to the previous or next one, only possible in full screen mode, also the picture description in flickr not displayed.

http://www.aucklandsatellitetv.co.nz/

Could you please help to check?

Last edited by shddream (2012-10-15 09:16:31)

Re: iPad display not showing and/or disorder

This is caused by the line:

* {margin:0px;padding:0px;top:0px;left:0px;}

... in your 'style.css' file.
Remove this line and your gallery should display correctly.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I'm sorry Steven, when I delete the line

the layouts do not display in order in my IE and Chrome browser. I didn't test it on iPad but it has to be displayed firstly ok on IE so I have to reply you back here again.

Is there any other way to fix this problem?

Rather than setting a global margin and padding that will affect everything on your page (including elements of your SimpleViewer gallery), be more specific and set the margin and padding only for the containers on your page that require these settings. This can be done by either:
(1) giving each container a 'class' attribute (such as <div class="container">) and then using:

.container {margin:0px;padding:0px;top:0px;left:0px;}

(2) ... or by giving each container a unique 'id' attribute (such as <div id="container1") and then using:

#container1 {margin:0px;padding:0px;top:0px;left:0px;}

Please see here for a reference on CSS Id and Class.

Steven Speirs

you mean the style.css for the website, correct?

sorry it doesn't work, still the same problem, in IE all working fine. In iPad still like before. Should I do give the simpleviewer a more specific new <div></div>

can you help me to check what's wrong? Is it because that there is a table above the simpleviewer?  In other cases I just make a new <div> and put embedding code in then everything working fine. This time I could not figure out what's wrong.

http://www.aucklandsatellitetv.co.nz/

one more questions, where is the sv-container define? I mean from  id="sv-container"?

Last edited by shddream (2012-10-15 09:16:07)

you mean the style.css for the website, correct?

Yes.

Should I do give the simpleviewer a more specific new <div></div>

No. No matter what 'id' or 'class' you give to the <div> containing SimpleViewer (or however many <div>s you place your gallery within) your * {margin:0px;padding:0px;top:0px;left:0px;} line will affect every container on your page.
c

an you help me to check what's wrong?

The 'margin' and 'padding' styles set in your * {margin:0px;padding:0px;top:0px;left:0px;} line should be applied only to the <div>s on your page that require these settings.

Is it because that there is a table above the simpleviewer?

No.

where is the sv-container define? I mean from  id="sv-container"?

At the end of your embedding code is the line <div id="sv-container"></div>.

Try changing the following line (in your 'styles.css' file):

... to:

.sitename, #central, #header, #navlist, #n1, #n2, #n3, #n4, #n5, #n6, #n7, #content, #tablea, #container, #footer {
    margin: 0px;
    padding: 0px;
    top: 0px;
    left: 0px;
}
Steven Speirs

it worked! simpleviewer display properly now.

except that my table above it does not display properly. I know it's my problem. I have to change this table to be a div, i will try:)

thanks for your help.