Topic: SVBuilder for Picasaweb

I have some script that will allow me build a simpleviewer slide show in blogger that links to the slide shows in Picasaweb (the on line slide show, not my desktop). This works quite well but has no changeable parameters or features. I'd like to use some of the features in SVBuilder or the Picasa template tool to build a more sophisticated blogger slide show. Does anyone know what too will do this? Is this feature available in Simpleviewer Pro?

Re: SVBuilder for Picasaweb

You should be able to edit the script in a plain text editor to enter any SimpleViewer Configuration Options you wish to use as attributes to the opening <simpleviewergallery> tag.
Alternatively, you could edit the gallery's XML file after the gallery has been created to enter the options.

Is this feature available in Simpleviewer Pro?

I suspect the script you are using was not written by ourselves so you should perhaps contact the author of the script with feature requests (such as a GUI for entering configuration options). Purchasing SimpleViewer-Pro will allow you to create Pro galleries (and upgrade all your existing galleries from Standard to Pro) but it will not alter the script that you are currently using. You would be able to upgrade the template from Standard to Pro but if the script does not allow for configuration changes, swapping the Standard files for Pro files will not change this.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steven:

I think the key is that I don't want to host my own photos. I want to use Picasweb. The script I referred to and the embedded Simpleviewer script both link to Picasaweb, which works, but only a simplified manner and only with 50 slides. I'd like to use the Simpleview Pro, but I would need a way to link the images out of Picasaweb. Is there a way to do that?

You could overcome the 50-image limit by swapping the Standard 'svcore' folder in your current script/template with the Pro 'svcore' folder.
You could then incorporate whatever SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options you like into the script/template by editing the appropriate file ('xml.php').
svBuilder-Pro (which comes with SimpleViewer-Pro) has support for Flickr accounts but not PicasaWeb.
If using svBuilder-Pro, you would have to create your gallery (with the Pro Options of your choice) and then edit the 'gallery.xml' file so that the imageURL entries point to the URLs for the individual images in your PicasaWeb gallery.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.