Topic: Browser display differences

I thought I had Simple Viewer v2.2.0 successfully running on my company's site, between the site header and footer. However, I use Google Chrome. When I looked again in Safari, Opera, IE8 and Firefox, there were some issues.

It looks fine in Chrome, Safari and Opera, but in Firefox it is shifted off to the side of the rest of the page (as if it was in a div box to the right of the header and footer but still aligned to the right height.) Other than that it works fine in Firefox.

In IE8 the thumbnails are squished up against the header in a roughly 20px high bar, and all the SimpleViewer buttons overlay one another and there is no preview of the selected image. Hover-overs don't work and clicking on a thumbnail doesn't enlarge it, it simply centres it and removes the other thumbnails from the small header they are all contained within. Finally, clicking the full screen button just results in a "Gallery XML Not Found" page.

What can I do to fix the display in IE8 and Firefox please?

Re: Browser display differences

And just updated IE to IE9 to find that IE9 has roughly the same issue as firefox - the gallery looks ok but is way off to the right of all the other page content such that you have to scroll horizontally to see it. If you then turn on compatibility view it fixes it somewhat - it looks ok except for a stack of white space between the header and the gallery.

Re: Browser display differences

Inconsistencies between viewing a web page in different browsers can often be attributed to HTML errors on the page.
Try validating your page with the W3C Markup Validation Service and fix any errors reported.

there is no preview of the selected image.

This sounds like you are viewing the Mobile Player version of the gallery (rather than the Flash Player version).
Please see this FAQ for details: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … trouble_14

In IE8 the thumbnails are squished up against the header in a roughly 20px high bar, and all the SimpleViewer buttons overlay one another

This sounds like you might have some global CSS setting which is affecting all containers on your page and is overwriting SimpleViewer's own CSS. Make sure that any CSS on your page is attributed to only those containers that require it.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.