Topic: user rights management

Hi,

I am interested in the SiempleViewer Pro product. But I would need to have a login page (logins should be configurable) so taht different users can access different galleries. I am a web developer, so I was thinking to develop the user rights management. My specific question is if there is a way via a url or whatever to access to different sets of galleries? For example, user ABC would have only access to gallery macro and landsacape and user DEF would have access to experimental and portrait gallery. Is this somehow possible?

thanks, br

Re: user rights management

SimpleViewer does not include such functionality.
Giving certain users access only to certain folders (galleries) on your web server is more of a web developement question than a SimpleViewer query and a web search with terms such as 'web page login user access' might prove useful.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply... I am a web developer, so it will be not a problem to find a workarround for implementing a user rights management interface. The main question is how are internally stored the galleries. Are they stored in different folders? For example, let's say, there are 4 galleries: gal1, gal2, gal3, gal4... and two users: user1, user2. Now I want that user 1 has access to gal1, gal2, gal3 and user2 to gal4. Is there a URL to only access gal1, gal2 and gal3 and a different URL to access gal4? Or are gal1-gal4 just only stored in different folders, so that I have to set the correct rights for each user?

thanks, br
German

Are they stored in different folders?

Yes. Each gallery can be stored (and uploaded) in a different and separate folder.
Each gallery folder contains:
index.html (file)
gallery.xml (file)
svcore (folder)
images (folder)
thumbs (folder)
If you wish to view a gallery on its own in a browser, you would go directly to the 'index.html' file within the corresponding gallery folder.
If you wanted to embed a gallery in an existing web page alongside other content, then you would use the baseURL method of embedding as documented here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#external

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks a lot... this helps me a lot... I will install the free version for development, and if everything works as I need, I will buy the full version.

thanks a lot