Topic: Background color?

Greetings,

My main use of Simpleviewer is to place interactive .swf galleries (I ignore the html files) into pdfs; works great!

I just downloaded the newest svBuilder and find that the background color I choose with it is not recognized when the gallery is embedded in a pdf (reverts to black, even if "transparent" is selected), nor can I find any parameter in the xml file that specifies a background color. Can anyone shed some light on this, or offer a workaround?

In earlier versions, I've included a flat-color jpg the desired size in the resources and inserted its name into a pre-existing slot in the xml file asking for it. Is this possibly still there in the current Pro version? I haven't seen any mention of "background color" in the Pro xml options, but I did scan through those rather quickly…

Many thanks in advance!

David Coffin

Last edited by dpcoffin (2011-11-25 22:34:01)

Re: Background color?

Use the backgroundURL option in the gallery's XML file to include a single-colored JPEG file as the gallery's background and include the JPEG file in the 'Resources' tab.
The default value for backgroundScale is 'STRETCH' so the image you use for the background need only be small and it will fill the entire gallery's background.
Please see here for details: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … .html#back

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

So, I guess that's Pro only… Good to know!

BTW, I mis-spoke; there is a backgroundColor= item in the free version's xml; doesn't do anything for the pdf, tho…

Thanks for the reply!

The backgroundColor entry in the gallery's XML file is put there by svBuilder so that the Background Color field in svBuilder's user interface can be populated with the correct value when the gallery is opened in svBuilder for editing purposes.
When viewing a gallery, the backgroundColor value is taken from the embedding code (as presented by svBuilder on the 'Publish' tab) rather than the XML file itself.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Helpful; thanks again!