Topic: Can't get rid of download link

I've even deleted the items from the library, and the setting is disabled in Options.as

static var enableDownloadLink:Boolean = false;

So....why do I stlll see this link?

Re: Can't get rid of download link

When are you seeing the link? Did you publish the new swf? Check section 4 in the docs for details on how to Upgrade exisiting Galleries to SimpleViewer-Pro: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … ation.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I've done section 4. Also cleared the ASO and recompiled, opened and saved all the .as files and recompiled, changed the system clock and recompiled. Cleared browser cache before each re-load. Tried it from several web servers. All to no avail - the download link is still in the lower right hand corner.

Flash 7.02
Mac OSX 10.3.9

/blue

Are you sure you are looking at the newly published viewer.swf? You need to replace the swf in any galleries you are using.

Also, if you just want to remove the link without further modifications, you can just use the swf that comes in the PRO download.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I'm pretty confident I'm looking at the correct viewer.swf - I deleted all other SV and SV Pro folders (I kept the original download zips). When I do a search now of my system for viewer.swf, only the one is returned. Maybe I'll delete everything and try rebuilding from scratch. Do I need to delete anything from one of those deep Macromedia config folders?

The options.as is deep in those files smile
Seriously, do you have an url we can check?

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

I deleted all files, unzipped into a different location, and started fresh -- and the download link is now gone.  big_smile   Because I had been testing the different options, I can only guess that Flash was caching a previous .as file? The Options.as works exactly as planned - though I wish I could make the rollover frame a different color than the image frame. (I can probably figure out how to do this...seems feasible.)