Topic: Need help:"Get Flash" ... again ....

Dear Experts and Users,

I am using the WP - theme "Zegetti" (dutch-theme.com) and can not get the Simpleviewer plugin working. I confirmed that the "WP_header call" is there and that Flash and JavaScript are properly running. What else could I check ?

I NEED simpleviwer up and running :-)

Best Regards,

Peter

Re: Need help:"Get Flash" ... again ....

Zagetti is not a free theme so I am unable to test it.
Please explain in greater detail what you mean by 'can not get the Simpleviewer plugin working', ie. what happens or does not happen? Are you able to create a gallery using WP-SimpleViewer? Do you see an error message? If so, what does it say. If not, is anything displayed where the gallery should be?
Please post a URL to your gallery so that we can take a look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Dear Steven,

thanks for your super-fast response ...

Here the link to my testing-environment : http://wp1026670.wp045.webpack.hosteuro … otography/
You will see the "Get flash" error message ...

Steven Speirs wrote:

Zagetti is not a free theme so I am unable to test it.
Please explain in greater detail what you mean by 'can not get the Simpleviewer plugin working', ie. what happens or does not happen? Are you able to create a gallery using WP-SimpleViewer? Do you see an error message? If so, what does it say. If not, is anything displayed where the gallery should be?
Please post a URL to your gallery so that we can take a look.

Best Regards,

Peter

Something is causing unwanted <p> and </p> tags to be inserted into the JavaScript embedding code:

<p><script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars1 = {};
flashvars1.galleryURL = "http://wp1026670.wp045.webpack.hosteurope.de/wp/wp-content/uploads/1.xml";</p>
<p>simpleviewer.ready(function () {
    simpleviewer.load("flashContent1", "600px", "600px", "transparent", false, flashvars1);
});</p>
<p></script></p>

You can check if it is the theme that is causing this by temporarily disabling the theme and seeing if creating and viewing a gallery works with the WordPress default theme.
Also, make sure the method of entry for your post is set to 'HTML' rather than 'Visual'.
You could also try a web search for 'wpautop' and perhaps try installing one of the several plugins that seem to be available to suppress the inclusion of unwanted <p> tags (though they seem to be aimed at older version of WordPress).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.