Topic: sv-Builder Pro v. 2.2 - White Box in IE

I am a fairly new web developer and recently purchased sv-Builder Pro 2.2  to create multiple galleries for a client's website, which is built in Dreamweaver 5.5.

The galleries look great in Firefox, Chrome, and IE9, but my client reports that in earlier versions of IE they are seeing the white box that I have read about in the forum. I checked through Adobe Browser Lab and I also see the white box.

The galleries are embedded as html pages within iframes.

http://members.cox.net/hopke_new_site/c … enter.html

I verified my code and it is pretty darn clean, but there must be something in there that is causing the white box problem....

Would you please check it out my code and let me know what I might do to fix it?

Thank you!!

Last edited by PRS (2011-12-01 16:39:55)

Re: sv-Builder Pro v. 2.2 - White Box in IE

In order for an <iframe>'s background to be transparent in earlier versions of Internet Explorer, it is necessary to use the proprietary Microsoft <iframe> attribute allowtransparency="true".
Change:

<iframe src="galleries/international_center/index.html" width="450" height="450" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto"></iframe>

... to:

<iframe allowtransparency="true" src="galleries/international_center/index.html" width="450" height="450" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto"></iframe>
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: sv-Builder Pro v. 2.2 - White Box in IE

Steven,

Thank you so much for the reply... and I am so grateful that the fix is so easy!!!

Have a great holiday season : )

Pam