Topic: Changes background to white while loading?

I just installed the new SimpleViewer gallery into my Web site, which has a gray background, and when each gallery loads, it changes the background color to white for a second or two. It's not a huge deal, but I'd like to fix it so that it doesn't change the background color. Does anyone know why this is happening? I'm not using Wordpress, if that helps. Thanks.

Re: Changes background to white while loading?

Try setting the background color of the 'sv-container' <div> to your background color so that the browsers displays the color in the <div> before the gallery has been displayed.
ie, try changing:

<div id="sv-container"></div>

... to:

<div id="sv-container" style="background-color: #222222;"></div>
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Unfortunately, that did not work. However, after I changed the <div> tags in each gallery, now there is a white border that shows up when I open each gallery in IE. There are invisible frames on my site, and there should be no white border. It does not show up in Firefox. Could that <div> tag have possibly made that happen? The white flash still shows up while loading each gallery, too.

Are you embedding your gallery using an <iframe>?
If so, then set try setting the background color of the <iframe> in a similar manner to above.
If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that we can take a look.

Steven Speirs

No, I'm not. Honestly, I'm very new at this and don't know much! The URL to my site is http://kleibography.com. The white borders don't show up in Firefox, but only in the older version of IE. I'm very confused. Thanks for your help, and by the way, I love SimpleViewer.

Thank you for the link.
I notice you are using a frameset. Try setting the background color for the frame into which the gallery is being embedded as well as for the 'body' and 'sv-container' on your gallery's HTML index page.
With regard to the white borders... what version of IE shows the borders and are the borders around the gallery only or around both frames in your frameset?

Steven Speirs

Okay, thank you. I will try that.

The version of IE that shows the border is IE7, so I assume that all versions before that are also showing the border. The border shows up around the right frame only.

With regard to the white border, try adding the following to the <head> section of your gallery's HTML index page:

<style type="text/css">
    html, body, #sv-container {
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
    }
</style>

Also, I notice that your galleries use SimpleViewer v2.1.3.
Please try upgrading to the latest version (v2.2.0) as several bugs have been fixed since v2.1.3.
SimpleViewer v2.2.0 can be downloaded using the 'Download' button on this page: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/
Instructions for 'Upgrading Existing Galleries to Version 2.2.0' can be found on the 'Upgrading SimpleViewer' page: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … grade.html

Steven Speirs

Thank you for all of the advice. I just revamped my galleries recently, so you guys must have just put that out, huh? I just did a lot of work on the site, but will upgrade to the newer version as soon as I can find the time to redo all of the galleries. Thanks again.

I just revamped my galleries recently, so you guys must have just put that out, huh?

It was released recently. To get notifications of new releases, please subscribe to our news RSS feed or follow us on Twitter.

I just did a lot of work on the site, but will upgrade to the newer version as soon as I can find the time to redo all of the galleries.

In order to upgrade an existing gallery, all you need to do is replace the existing 'svcore' folder with the new version.
If you have multiple galleries, it is possible for all galleries to share a single 'svcore' folder by following the instructions here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … tml#svcore
In doing this, you can upgrade all galleries at once by replacing a single 'svcore' folder on your website.

Steven Speirs

Okay, thanks. I will do that tonight. I tried putting the following in the index page, but it still looks the same in IE7.

<style type="text/css">
    html, body, #sv-container {
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
    }
</style>

Perhaps upgrading the galleries to v2.2.0 will help.

Steven Speirs

Yes, I am going to do that tonight and will see if it changes. Thanks for everything!

Thank you so much for all of your suggestions. Adding the background color into the body of the galleries worked, and now there is no white flash. I have upgraded all of the galleries to the new version, so I will check IE7 when I am at work tomorrow to see if it took care of the white-border issue. Thanks again!