Topic: Different questions for Embedded galleries

Dear all,

I’ve decided to use Simple Viewer Pro to update my personal website and be able to have a Flash/HTML5 solution. Simple Viewer is the perfect app!

As current version does not propose a gallery browser (yet ?  wink  ), I use embedded galleries in subdirectories and a simple PHP code to switch between galleries.
Here is an example: … gapour2011

And here is the associated PHP code:

<div id="viewer">
        if (!isset($_GET['sous_page'])) $sous_page= 'singapour2011'; else $sous_page= $_GET['sous_page']; 
            '<script type="text/javascript" src="nous/will/' . htmlspecialchars($sous_page) . '/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript">
                var flashvars = {};
                flashvars.baseURL = "nous/will/' . htmlspecialchars($sous_page) . '/";
                simpleviewer.ready(function () {
                simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "1000", "transparent", true, flashvars);
            <div id="sv-container"></div>'; 

All works well. However, when viewing in HTML5 (on iPhone for example), the galleries work well, but not the fullscreen and the save options.
I’ve used the recommended flashvars.baseURL method, searched for the info on the forums, but not found the clue, which is most probably very simple.

Question 2:
Concerning the code itself, given the number of galleries I have to maintain (more than 30 as of today), I think I will use an external svcore folder for next Simple Viewer Pro releases to be easily implemented, hopping that the gallery.xml files will not be also impacted.

Question 3:
I’ve also tried to call an external preset with the Flashvars options, not worked yet. However, I’m using different CSS the visitor can switch between. Do you see a solution where I can call a different common preset depending on the CSS used?

Question 4:
Last question, I would like to start some galleries on another picture than the 1st one, to highlight the latest additions, is there an option for that?

Thank you in advance, best regards,

Re: Different questions for Embedded galleries

1) Re 'Full Window' mode:
Please redownload SimpleViewer-Pro v2.2.0 using the link from your purchase email and upgrade your gallery to this latest version. A hotfix version was released which should hopefully fix your problem.
Re 'Download Button':
The 'Download Button' is disabled in the Mobile Player as mobile browsers (such as Mobile Safari on the iPhone) do not allow the downloading of files.

2) Please see the 'Using an External svCore Folder' section of the 'SimpleViewer Embedding Guide' for details: … tml#svcore

3) You could perhaps use the same variable you test to select the custom CSS file to also select the custom Preset XML file, eg:

<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars={};
if (useCustomCSS)
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true, flashvars);
<div id="sv-container"></div>

4) Yes. Use the firstImageIndex option to initially display an image other than the first one.
A description of this option can be found in the 'General' section of the 'SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options' page: … ml#general

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Different questions for Embedded galleries

Hello Steven,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

1) I already used v2.2.0. However, I've tried to download again the source files, you're right, the .air is not the same.

After deleting my iPhone cache, I've tried again, it works, thanks!

Time to apply 2) not to have to compile again all my galleries.

3) Thank you for the example. I thought to save the .xml file into each of my css folders, not to have to change my div code each time I create a new css.

4) Oops, sorry, I missed this one on the faq. Will be perfect!

Best regards, and thank you again for your help,