Topic: iPhone iOS 5.0.1 does not work

Today I bought a pro license. Now I tested a SimpleViewer Gallery on my iPhone. When I use my home WIFI connection all Works perfect, when I use the 3G connection I see only a blank page. Same problem on your demos.

Re: iPhone iOS 5.0.1 does not work

If the only difference between a working gallery and a blank page is the method by which your mobile device's browser receives the gallery files, then perhaps your 3G connection is taking much longer to download the files from the web server.
Try testing the speed of your 3G connection vs your WiFi. If found to be much slower, does the gallery show up after some time has elapsed?

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

With speedtest my Wifi connection has 16Mb, the 3G connection 1Mb. With 3G  I see only a white blank site. When I turn on the developer Tool in Safari it shows by 3G connection 2 javascript errors. By Wifi connection no error.

The gallery files have not changed and you experience this with all SimpleViewer galleries.
The only variable in the equation is your connection (3G vs WiFi) and you do not experience any errors using WiFi.
It sounds like you may be experiencing time-out errors with your 3G connection before the JavaScript files have been fully read. Are the 2 error messages you get always the same when viewing different galleries (of the same version of SimpleViewer)? What exactly are the error messages?

Steven Speirs

The problem is with all galleries. I make 3 screenshots on my iPhone 4 from your demo simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pro/examples/forest/

The screenshots are here:
www.pi-design.at/test

Here you can see the blank window. With debug console you see two javascript errors. Do you think it is a time out error or a specific problem with my mobile provider? The site load in 3 seconds to a blank window.

Thanks for any help!
Peter

Try viewing a much simpler gallery (than the 'Forest' gallery as depicted in your screenshots) to see if this is displayed using your 3G connection.
Here is a simple 2-image SimpleViewer-Standard gallery to try.
[Gallery removed.]

Steven Speirs

Same result... blank page. Wifi all perfect, on 3G blank page. With Wifi I use a different Provider. Is it possible that it is a specific problem with my mobile provider.
Peter

Is it possible that it is a specific problem with my mobile provider.

I do not know the reason for the problem though a slow connection could certainly account for timeouts.
Do you experience blank pages when accessing any other web sites via 3G?
What happens when you try to access a page which has other content as well as a SimpleViewer gallery, such as this WordPress page containing a SimpleViewer-Standard gallery?

Steven Speirs

I have the same Problem when I use a internet connection via bluetooth from my iphone to my pc.
When I use a WiFi connection without the iphone, everything works fine.
It is the same problem when I try to access the simpleviewer samples on your site. The wordpress sample page works hmm

I made a copy of the script report of my browser (sorry, only in german language...)

Details zum Fehler auf der Webseite

Benutzer-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Zeitstempel: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 09:17:33 UTC

Meldung: 'undefined' ist Null oder kein Objekt
Zeile: 9
Zeichen: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/examples/modern/

Meldung: Das Objekt unterstützt diese Eigenschaft oder Methode nicht.
Zeile: 11
Zeichen: 4
Code: 0
URI: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/examples/modern/

The samples for tilt viewer and autoviewer works fine.

@gdz

It may be caused by the amount of data in the gallery coupled with a slow connection speed.
Try this test gallery which has only two images and no image preloading (the 'Modern' sample gallery you have already tried contains 38 images and preloads all 9 images on the first thumbnail page).
[Gallery removed.]

Steven Speirs