Topic: Utilizing 1000 Picture Gallery

Dear All,

I am intending to buy the Pro version once these questions gets answered and if it suits my needs, so I kindly require your help asap.

I intent to develop a website (not me, but rather hire a php developer) in order to utilize the Simpleviewer Pro in order to automate the changing of pictures (or give the ability for site users to change the picture), and I want to display  a 1000 pictures on a single page. I want to raise some local donations by basically selling each one of the pictures to a local sponsor/donater ,give them the ability to upload a picture to the spot they choose, and promise to keep the website online for 5 years.

My questions are the following:

- Does the page load/function/look normally when displaying 1000 pictures on a single page? How about on Mobile devices?

-Can I utilize any zoomed-out and zoomed-in ratios? As in, I want that when a user click on one of the 1000 boxes, it will zoom in to almost display the picture full page, then again zoom out to the 1000 boxes on clicking out, is that possible?

-Is it actually possible to allow users who purchase a spot of their choice (with a little programming), and then they upload a picture to use the spot they purchased?

As I saw that the Pro version is highly customizable , I would like to know if these features are available or possible to do.

Thank you for your great support in advance,
Intabli

Re: Utilizing 1000 Picture Gallery

Does the page load/function/look normally when displaying 1000 pictures on a single page? How about on Mobile devices?

If you mean 1000 images per gallery (rather than per page, which would require a very large monitor with a high resolution), then there are Pro Options imagePreloading and thumbPreloading which can both be set to 'PAGE' (rather than 'ALL') in order to prevent preloading of all the images in the gallery (which would slow the user's browser down). In doing so, the gallery will perform as well as if there were only a single page of images in the gallery.

Can I utilize any zoomed-out and zoomed-in ratios?

SimpleViewer does not have any zooming functionality and the thumbnails cannot be hidden whilst a main image is being displayed (except in the Mobile Player which displays either a grid of thumbnails of the main image, not both at the same time).

Is it actually possible to allow users who purchase a spot of their choice (with a little programming), and then they upload a picture to use the spot they purchased?

It is possible to add an image to an existing gallery by several different means.
You could upload the image to the gallery's 'images' folder and add a corresponding entry to the gallery's XML file.
You could edit the gallery offline using svBuilder-Pro (to add the image) and then re-upload the gallery.
You could purchase svManager and edit the gallery online.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.