Topic: Updating plugin causes "Simpleviewer" to show

I have the Pro version of Simpleviewer on a client's site. Just updated the plugin and everything looks pretty much the same except that "Simpleviewer" is showing at the bottom. I'm guessing the update overwrote the svcore folder, but I don't want to just write over it without knowing that won't cause problems. I have 10/5/11 for the date on that folder.

Will this be an issue every time I update? Is there a way to prevent this in the future? I don't want to overwrite with an older version.

Re: Updating plugin causes "Simpleviewer" to show

I'm guessing the update overwrote the svcore folder, but I don't want to just write over it without knowing that won't cause problems.

That is correct. Upgrading WP-SimpleViewer will overwrite the existing 'svcore' folder.
In order to upgrade WP-SimpleViewer from SimpleViewer-Standard to SimpleViewer-Pro, please replace the 'svcore' folder as documented here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … iewer/#pro

Will this be an issue every time I update? Is there a way to prevent this in the future? I don't want to overwrite with an older version.

Each time you upgrade WP-SimpleViewer, just replace the 'svcore' folder ('wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer/svcore/') with your current SimpleViewer-Pro 'svcore' folder.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Stephen. I suppose that means I should update SimpleViewer Pro at the same time?

Customers who have purchased SimpleViewer-Pro are eligible for free upgrades within the same major version number, so if you have purchased SimpleViewer-Pro v2.x, you can download the latest version of SimpleViewer-Pro (v2.2.0) using the original download link from your purchase email.
Please see this page for details of 'Upgrading SimpleViewer-Pro': http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … grade.html

Steven Speirs

I actually find that the fact that I have to upload the svcore folder every time I update WP-Simpleviewer is a bit annoying. Any chance you can change this to update automatically? It would be more user friendly. Perhaps the part that indicates that I am a pro user, and that does not change, can be separated from the part that does change? (for example, pro folder never changes after initial upload, svcore folder automatically upgraded for each version). It's not a big deal, just one of those things that I think users will appreciate. Especially new pro users who don't realize that pressing the update button means their galleries get messed up (temporarily - such as showing just the first 50 photos, the Simpleviewer logo, etc).

Last edited by Moot (2013-02-26 19:40:11)

I agree with Moot. When you have a lot of WordPress sites to maintain, any extra steps can really add up. It would be a nice feature to have.

I will investigate further and post back if I have a solution to this problem.

Steven Speirs