Topic: Captions don't show in all browsers

My galleries look fine on my computer in Firefox and Safari - but I have clients who tell me the captions aren't there when they view my galleries on their computers. Why is this happening and what can be done to be sure the galleries have a consistent look on all platforms?

Re: Captions don't show in all browsers

Do your clients have Adobe Flash Player installed in their browsers?
The Mobile Player (used to display the gallery on mobile devices and in browsers where Adobe Flash Player is not installed and activated) has a different layout to the Flash Player.
Please see this FAQ for details: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#mobile_1
However, captions should be displayed in both players. Ensure that captions will be displayed by the Mobile Player by setting mobileShowCaption="TRUE".
Also, please be aware that captions in the Mobile Player are in an overlay on top of the main image which is visible only on hover.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I didn't say anything about mobile sites. My question was about captions only in different browsers and on different computers. The captions look fine on my computer in both Firefox and Safari - other people tell me they cannot see the captions but they can see the galleries.
See: http://www.sandrahildreth.com/Holiday/h … index.html

Thank you for providing the URL to your gallery.
Your captions are positioned beneath your thumbnails and will not be visible in a browser window of limited height.
Either:
(1) Reduce the number of thumbRows (to allow more room for the captions).
... or:
(2) Set floatCaption="FALSE" (in order for the caption height to be counted in your stage layout) and set a height for the caption area via captionHeight (though you may still need to reduce the number of thumbRows in order for all elements to be dispayed in browser windows of limited height as thumbnails are not dynamically resized with the size of the browser window).
Please see the Thumbnails and Caption Options sections of the 'SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options' page for details.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.