Topic: Caption - text alignment

How can I make the Caption text have a centered alignment in the text field? I don't see any alignment options in any of the .as files and messing with the text field's alignment in the .fla doesn't work either.

Please help.

Thanks

Re: Caption - text alignment

Since the caption text uses HTML formatting, the alignment settings on the textField are ignored. To center the caption text, you can use a center align HTML tag in your caption as here:

<caption><!&#91;CDATA&#91;<p align='center'>Centered Text</p>&#93;&#93;></caption>

Check the FAQ, Q14 for further HTML formatting options: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … r/faq.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

hi there,

i am right now working on the same thing: i want the caption to be centered
in the caption-area (below the picture).

i read the information in the faq and visited the suggested link at the adobe-website.

now i changed the xml like this:

<image>
    <filename>img_0065.swf</filename>
    <caption><![CDATA[<p align="center">Aquarellzeichnung auf Schöpfpapier 30x40]]></caption>   
</image>

now i saw your example in this post. its nearly the same but the <p>-tag is closed after the text. is it obligatory to have the <p>-tag closed after the text? or doesnt it make any difference? (dreamweaver wants to close the <caption> allways at that position, if i begin to write the "/" and thats a little bit annoying...)

another point is that i would like to set the caption directly under the picture. as there are different picture formats the space between pic and caption is different from pic to pic. i didnt found a solution - the caption would have to be shown in the image-area and that seems to be impossible.
the only possibility seems to be including the text in the pic - but thats not  a very nice one...  does anybody have an idea?

greetz,

doolak

you can change the caption location in StageManager.as  in simpleviewer.pro

yes, tags need to be closed

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!