Topic: Caption link changes colour in firefox

The caption links work fine in explore and chrome but if you go to the link page and return to SWv2.2.0 in firefox,  when you click on the next image the text changes to black.  It does this on you own gallery example see here http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … t_link/#/5  is there any way to stop this.

Re: Caption link changes colour in firefox

I'm not sure I understand you correctly.

when you click on the next image the text changes to black.

When you click on the next image, the caption for the previous image is no longer visible. (Going back to the original image, the link in the caption is still white.)
No matter what I do (in Firefox 9.0.1), I am not able to see the link in the caption for the first image colored black.
Could you please explain further and perhaps provide a screenshot? Thank you.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

OK, open the link to your gallery in fire fox  click on the link: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … t_link/#/5   when it is open clik the tab to go back to the gallery the text is still white as before but as soon as you click on an other  thumb nail or sellect the next image the text turns black. If you refresh the browser it returns to white. Is there a way to stop this it is fine in other browsers.

I can't work out how to sent you a screen shot. send me an email link

I'm sorry. I still do not understand.

when it is open clik the tab to go back to the gallery

What tab? After clicking the link, the gallery is displayed and there is no need to 'go back to the gallery'. It is already displayed.

as soon as you click on an other  thumb nail or sellect the next image the text turns black

As soon as you click on another thumbnail, the caption for the previous image disappears.
What text are you referring to? I thought it was the link in the caption for the first image.

Steven Speirs

I can't work out how to sent you a screen shot. send me an email link

Please check your inbox. I've sent you an email. Thank you.

Steven Speirs

Have you opened the link to your gallery in fire fox ? when you have click on the link to  open a new page in the browser when you go back to your gallery the text is still white when you click  to view another image in your gallery  the text changes to black.  how

the tab is the top of the browser or click back button

Have you opened the link to your gallery in fire fox ?

Yes. Firefox 9.0.1.

when you have click on the link to  open a new page in the browser

OK. I've opened a new tab in Firefox.

when you go back to your gallery the text is still white

Correct.

when you click  to view another image in your gallery  the text changes to black

This is the bit where you lose me.
When you click to view another image, the caption text for the previous image completely disappears and is replaced by the caption text for the new image.
Without being able to replicate the problem, make sure that your Adobe Flash Player installation is up-to-date in your Firefox browser by visiting this page: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

Steven Speirs

This is the bit where you lose me.
When you click to view another image, the caption text for the previous image completely disappears and is replaced by the caption text for the new image Yes which is now black not white
Without being able to replicate the problem, make sure that your Adobe Flash Player installation is up-to-date in your Firefox browser by visiting this page: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

Yes this is right  but  which is now black not white.

Thank you for the email.
I see now that you are referring to the color of the entire caption, not just the links within the captions.
I also see how you are able to replicate the phenomenon on your own system.
However, I am unable to replicate it on my own PC.
The caption on the second image (and on all other images in the gallery for that matter) is always white.
I have Firefox 9.0.1 and Flash Player 11.1.102.55 installed.
What versions are you using? If you are not using the most recent versions of both, try updating them.

Steven Speirs

Hi Steven
Yes it seems I am using firefox 8 so will up date to 9.0.1 and see how it is hopfully it should fix it. Thanks for you help.

If updating Firefox and Adobe Flash Player does not fix the problem for you, try the following three test galleries:
Gallery 1
Gallery 2
Gallery 3

Gallery 1 is a standard gallery (similar to the one we have been using for test purposes here)
Gallery 2 has specifically set captionFontColor to '#ffffff' (which should be global for all captions)
Gallery 3 has the font color for the caption on the second image set via HTML formatting (a <font color="#ffffff"> tag within the caption)
Does the caption for the second image turn black in any of above galleries?

[Galleries removed.]

Steven Speirs

Hi Steven

Up dating flash and fire fox changed nothing.  Galleries you sent me 1 & 2 are the same but 3 the second image stays white every thing else goes black

Hi Steven I have tried that change on gallery 3 on my gallery but no change I hope I have the code in the wrong place  see my code here  <caption><![CDATA[All the buildings seen here were supplied though the Short Term Space Projects of Commercial Property Ltd.<br />
Luti Media Video Productions shoot parts of an Ndubz video in Park Royal London.<br />Click on link find more about <font color="#ffffff"><b><u><a href="http://www.lutimedia.com
/"target="_blank"><br />Luti Media</a></u><br> ]]></caption> could you correct it for me . Thanks

Hi Steven
Have you finished for the day? I have tried just text and the colour code tag you sent see  <caption><![CDATA[<font color="#ffffff"> Nbubz set ]]></caption> but it still goes black  could you send me the code string you are using ?
Lea

You also need a closing </font> tag.
The use of HTML formatting within captions is documented here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#custom_1
The <caption> I used for image #2 in gallery #3 is as follows:

<caption><![CDATA[<font color="#ffffff">SimpleViewer-Pro allows you to customize SimpleViewer to your own requirements.</font>]]></caption>
Steven Speirs

Hi Steven,
That has fixed it. I had to add font size, text and bold as they where being lost too. So in Fire Fox the Simple Viewer settings are lost when returning form an opened link all other browsers I tried (4) work fine. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by photodog29 (2011-12-30 12:00:00)