Topic: SimpleViewer in Windows 7?

This used to be one of my favourite programs, but now I can't even use it anymore!

The Photoshop CS2 script requires a screen resolution of minimum 780 pixels, I'm on a laptop with Win7 on which this is impossible to do, at least with Win7's settings.

The standalone program doesn't work because Win7 thinks that a .air file is a compressed folder, which is fine, until I unpack the contents and then I should run the .swf file which I can't because it says there's no program associated with this type of file.

Any thoughts on how I could use either version successfully? The only reason I even tried to update my software is because I've just noticed that a gallery I made months ago is only 50 pictures, when it should be 64. I tried re-doing the gallery (With the old photoshop script version that I had installed. Don't ask which version, don't remember, and I've already overwritten it with the type that needs 780 pixels to work) and it made a gallery of 50 pictures again! There used to be no limit of size, now there is one?

Help would be appreciated!

Re: SimpleViewer in Windows 7?

The Photoshop CS2 script requires a screen resolution of minimum 780 pixels, I'm on a laptop with Win7 on which this is impossible to do, at least with Win7's settings.

The user interface in the latest version of the Photoshop script has been modified so this no longer applies (and the warning should be removed from our support page). Give it a try and the user interface should fit on a laptop screen OK.

The standalone program doesn't work because Win7 thinks that a .air file is a compressed folder, which is fine, until I unpack the contents and then I should run the .swf file which I can't because it says there's no program associated with this type of file.

In order to install svBuilder-Pro, you first need to install Adobe Air (which can be downloaded from here). Once this has been done, .air files should be associated with Adobe Air and double-clicking the svBuilder-Pro.air file should install svBuilder-Pro.
If you run into trouble, Adobe's Troubleshoot AIR instalation | Windows page may help.

There used to be no limit of size, now there is one?

Instructions for upgrading the Photoshop script from SimpleViewer-Standard to SimpleViewer-Pro (to lift the 50-image limit per gallery) can be found here.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.