Topic: embed help for mobile viewing

I'm using a website builder program called Sitespinner and within it, you can add a placeholder to embed files/media...maybe this is where I'm originally messed up...I want to embed my simpleviewer gallery in it and have it also available to be seen on mobile devices and products without flash.

I know I'm supposed to use this code:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "transparent", false);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

but what do I choose as my placeholder?

I took a screen shot of the options, but can't see how to upload or paste a photo on here...so here are the options:
Publish File
General Plug-in
HTML (IFrame)
SVG
Java Applet
Shockwave
Flash
Quicktime
Realaudio
Video
Sound/Music
Other File Type

here's the link to the gallery I'm talking about: http://www.stephaniesomers.com/etchingsgallery.html
it works on my computer and my Android phone, but not on an ipad...it's just invisible...

can someone tell me how to do this?  I've spent all day reading through the forum, and the only thing I've found is to use the above code...but I don't know how to enter this into my website builder program.

Thank you, in advance!  smile

Re: embed help for mobile viewing

I am not familiar with Sitespinner. However, the following should work.
Upload your entire gallery folder (not just the contents) to your web server.
Use the HTML (IFrame) option and point the 'src' attribute of the <iframe> towards the gallery's 'index.html' page (which has the recommended embedding code already in it).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I'm not sure what an "src" is, but the options the builder program gives is either "filepath" or "page list"... I thought I should use "filepath" and choose the index.html for my gallery, but now it's completely blank.  "Page list" only gives a list of my current webpages, which index.html is not a part of...

I'm sure I'm just not understanding, but I appreciate the help you're giving!

here's the link again: http://www.stephaniesomers.com/etchingsgallery.html

~Stephanie

I'm not sure what an "src" is

The <iframe> code will look something like this:

<iframe src="http://www.example.com/gallery.index.html" width="800" height="600"></iframe>

The 'src' attribute should point to the 'index.html' page within your gallery folder.
From the choice of options given to you by Sitespinner, you should choose 'filepath' and type in the URL to the gallery's 'index.html' page (wherever you upload the gallery folder to on your web server).

From the link you posted, it looks like the <iframe> is OK (pointing to the gallery's index page) but you may not have uploaded your gallery's 'svcore' folder to the correct location.
Looking at the structure of the files that are already on your web site, you should upload the 'svcore' folder to the root of your web space.

Steven Speirs

Ok, I moved the svcore folder to the root folder and now I'm getting "gallery xml not found".

I think I may have misunderstood when you said:

Upload your entire gallery folder (not just the contents) to your web server.

I literally uploaded the 1 folder that contains all the other folders (images, svcore, thumbs, etc)...did you mean, upload everything within the folder?  My only issue in doing this is that I have multiple galleries, so the xml files can't all be named "gallery.xml".  If I change the name, in this case to "etchingsgallery.xml" where would I have to change the code to match it?  I'm looking at the "full.html" file now and see that I'd probably have to change what's in there...I also just remembered that I'll have to rename the svcore, images and thumbs folders and codes for those too...

is it really this complicated? or am I way off mark?

thanks again! I think I'm getting closer!

~Stephanie

So, I jumped ahead a bit, just to test out the gallery...when I move all folders (images, svcore, thumbs) and other files (gallery.xml and index.html) to my root folder, it DOES work...I still have the issue of dealing with multiple galleries however...

Also a strange thing has happened... the main image doesn't pop-up from the start...I went through all the configurations within svBuilder and figured out the problem, the option "thumbPosition" under the thumbnails section doesn't exist! I swear it did when I first made a gallery, but now it's gone and I don't know why, or how to get it back.  I even tried opening up another preset to see if it would reappear, but no!  The first option within the section is "thumb padding".  Do I need to reinstall the whole svBuilder program, or is there a way to get it back?

sorry for all the questions, but this is a great learning process for me! and thank you again!

~Stephanie

did you mean, upload everything within the folder?

No. I initially meant for you to upload the complete folder itself (not just the contents).
However, when I last looked at your site, it looked like you had not done this and my last post was more concerned with fixing the immediate problem than asking you to start over.

My only issue in doing this is that I have multiple galleries, so the xml files can't all be named "gallery.xml".

This is not an issue when keeping each gallery in its own self-contained folder.

If I change the name, in this case to "etchingsgallery.xml" where would I have to change the code to match it?

You could empty all gallery files into a single folder but it would be very difficult to keep things in order and editing or updating a gallery in future may also be difficult. If you did this, you could rename each gallery's XML file and use the galleryURL option to point to the uniquely-named XML files.

I'm looking at the "full.html" file now and see that I'd probably have to change what's in there...

The 'full.html' file is part of the 'svcore' folder and there should never be any occasion to have to modify any files inside there. (The 'full.html' file is used by the Mobile Player when the user enters 'Full Window' mode.)

I also just remembered that I'll have to rename the svcore, images and thumbs folders and codes for those too...

Multiple galleries can share a single 'svcore' folder. Please see here for details: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … tml#svcore

is it really this complicated? or am I way off mark?

It can actually be very simple. Just keep each gallery as a self-contained folder, upload each complete folder to your web server (so there is no need to move or rename any files) and point each <iframe> towards an 'index.html' file within a gallery folder.

the option "thumbPosition" under the thumbnails section doesn't exist!

In svBuilder-Pro, the thumbPosition option can be found under the 'Standard' section (as it is an option available to both SimpleViewer-Standard and SimpleViewer-Pro).

Steven Speirs

I started over because I want this to be easy.  I figured out the problem too.  The SiteSpinner program was making me choose the file that existed on my computer, but then I went to the etchingsgallery.html file and edited the src location to "Etchings/index.html"...

now the other issue, thumb position...I saw that it's correctly chosen as "left" under the standard section, but the main image still isn't popping up.

thank you again for your help, sorry if I was making things more difficult

~Stephanie

nevermind, I figured that out.  I had unchecked "use flash" from the embed options...rechecked it and all is good!  big_smile