Topic: PUT TO BED THE ISSUE OF EMBEDDING SV IN HTML - HELP

Familiar with HTML (basic grasp). Using Dreamweaver 8 and latest Picasa.
Have flash 7  on machine and simpleviewer v1.8
Followed answer to FAQ Q11 with microscopic attention to detail, spent 40hours on dozens of forums searching similar broader answers.

SIMPLY CAN NOT GET SIMPLEVIEWER TO EMBED IN A HTML PAGE OF MY DESIGN

Everytime I follow the exact details I get the blue link to open simple viewer on the HTML page I am trying to embed on then it opens the good but rather dull SV page seperate

Have placed fles inclusing JS file in same folder as the page I wish to embed in as per all instruction

Every forum and discussion seems to simply re-itterate the FAQ answer from Airtight  - surely there must be something going on I am missing?

e.g. placing SV folder in same folder as HTML i want to embed - DONE, adding the JS script to the HTML head - DONE - adding the div/ tag to the part of page I want SV to appear on - DONE - could there be something else going wrong?

Just about to jump out the window as at end of tether - any kind forum peeps who can speak to me in a non teckie way (i.e. I am being stoopid) would be more than welcome.

Thankk you in advance

Steve

Re: PUT TO BED THE ISSUE OF EMBEDDING SV IN HTML - HELP

placing SV folder in same folder as HTML i want to embed - DONEplacing SV folder in same folder as HTML i want to embed - DONE

Did you copy the folder itself or the files in it? You need the SV files to be in the same folder as the HTML doc you are embedding in.

If that doesn't do it, post a URL and I'll take a look.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: PUT TO BED THE ISSUE OF EMBEDDING SV IN HTML - HELP

Thank you for your kind reply -
yes I copied all the SV files individually and placed them into in the folder which the HTML page occupies - the page in question whichI am trying to embed SV into
I will try to upload this onto my tiscali space for you to have a look - any other ideas much appreciated
Thank you for your time and help
Steve