Topic: navigation arrows outside gallery image

I have specified a gallery width of 960px on my page which has a specified width of 1024px.  However, the navigation arrows are located on the far left and right of the page, rather than being contained within the specified width.  A representative gallery is here:  http://www.phillipfranck.com/Images/Ody … sseus.html.

Also, as you can see, the thumbnails only show up without an image selected, then go away. Is there a way to have the thumbnails stay with each image and to have a large image show up from the beginning? 

Thanks in advance!

Re: navigation arrows outside gallery image

Try setting your gallery's dimensions in the embedding code using absolute pixel values rather than percentages.
For example, try changing:

simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "transparent", false);

... to:

simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "960", "800", "transparent", false);

Also, as you can see, the thumbnails only show up without an image selected, then go away. Is there a way to have the thumbnails stay with each image and to have a large image show up from the beginning?

Your gallery forces the Mobile Player (rather than the Flash Player) to be used to display your gallery.
It is not possible to display thumbnails and a main image together in the Mobile Player.
It is, however, possible to start the gallery with a main image by using the firstImageIndex option.
A description of the firstImageIndex option can be found in the 'General' section of the 'SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options' page: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … ml#general

Alternatively, you may wish to use the Flash Player to display your gallery (which will display both thumbnails and main image on the same page).
This can be achieved by changing the useFlash Embed Code Parameter from 'false' to 'true'.
In order to do this, change:

simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "960", "800", "transparent", false);

... to:

simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "960", "800", "transparent", true);
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steven-

Thanks for the help.  I've been able to get the navigation arrows within the image, however the image is now moving to the left hand side of the page instead of being centered.  I'm having issues with the thumbnails showing up, but I think that's a problem with the gallery height.  Working on it.

Here's the page I've been experimenting on:  http://www.phillipfranck.com/Images/Han … Names.html

And the script:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "960", "960", "transparent", true);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

And finally, from gallery.xml:

<simpleviewergallery

maxImageWidth="960"
    maxImageHeight="720"
    imageQuality="90"
    thumbWidth="75"
    thumbHeight="75"
    thumbQuality="90"
    useFlickr="false"
    resizeOnImport="true"
    cropToFit="false"
    thumbPosition="BOTTOM"
    thumbRows="1"
    thumbColumns="10"
    showOpenButton="false"
    showFullscreenButton="true"
    frameWidth="1"
    useFlash="false"
    backgroundColor="000000"
    backgroundTransparent="true"
    galleryStyle="MODERN"
    galleryWidth="960"
    galleryHeight="960"
    frameColor="C4D7EC"
    textColor="C4D7EC"

>

The gallery whose link you posted does not yet use the code you posted (the gallery dimensions are still 100% x 100%) but as you are working on it, I shall let you continue.
Please post back if you continue to have troubles.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.