I'm getting there! Just a little more of your time, please...
I've changed the svBuilder-Pro site that I referenced earlier (above) to http://www.billanddot.com/Houston-svBuilder/ . I created a SimpleViewer via jAlbum site of the original name, http://www.billanddot.com/Houston/ , which is the site I'll be referring to in the following questions.
1) I would like to have the full array of buttons (the ones in ...Houston-svBuilder/) in the ...Houston/ gallery. All I can get shown are the two buttons - Open Image and Full Screen - that you show in [Gallery removed.] . I have played with the "SimpleViewer -> Viewers -> SimpleViewer -> Pro" options in the skin extensively, but nothing helps. Here is that line from the .jap file:
It's as if all of those Pro options - with the exception of showImageNumber="FALSE" - are being ignored (and I even tried placing that one "successful" option in different spots in that option list).
Is it possible to show the Next and Prior image buttons when using the SimpleViewer skin in jAlbum?
2) To upgrade the jAlbum skin to use the Pro options - since I purchased svBuilderPro the other day - I copied (overwrote) the svcore directory and its subdirectories from the installed svBuilderPro (C:\Program Files\svBuilder-Pro\template\svcore) to C:\Users\[Me]\AppData\Roaming\jAlbum\skins\SimpleViewer\select\simpleviewer\svcore and C:\Users\[Me]\Documents\My Albums\Houston\album\res\simpleviewer\svcore (the album I was experimenting with, using SimpleViewer in jAlbum).
I read the C:\Users\[Me]\AppData\Roaming\JAlbum\skins\SimpleViewer\readme.txt to see what to do, and then searched my hard drive. That readme.txt file states:
To integrate the Pro version of SimpleViewer into the skin, replace the Standard version 'svcore' folder in the skin's folder ('SimpleViewer/select/simpleviewer/svcore/') with the Pro version 'svcore' folder from the SimpleViewer-Pro download package ('simpleviewer_pro_213/web/svcore/').
The source directory name and format aren't exactly the same. This isn't a questions; I thought I'd let you know, is all.
3) Is there any setting that controls the spacing around the thumbnail navigation controls? I ask because I'd like to be able to move "Image 1 of 56" a little closer to the nav buttons above it (but couldn't find any setting to accomplish it).
4) I noticed that using the keyboard's right-arrow works only first clicking on the first image (itself, or the next-picture icon that appears while hovering over the right half of the image). Once that's done, the keyboard arrow keys work fine. That is, it's as if that first image must be given a sort of initial focus, before the right-arrow key becomes active (or the End key). If this is the case, is this a quirk of svBuilder-Pro or Flash, or browsers, or...?
5) Speaking of keys, the enableKeyboardControls documentation (at http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … tions.html ) notes:
Keyboard controls are: Image navigation via cursor keys, Home, End, Page Up, Page Down. 'F' key for fullscreen toggle. Space bar for AutoPlay toggle.
I hadn't realized that the Home and End keys functioned the way they did when I posted a similar request in the new-suggestions thread (see http://www.simpleviewer.net/forum/viewt … 742#p42742 ). Given that that capability already exists, if I can get the full image navigation button bar restored, is it possible to add button-bar icons for the First and Last images?
6) Initially, when setting up this page with SimpleViewer, I had a home-page icon in the upper left corner, using SimpleViewer -> Menu -> Menu 2 -> Custom Image 1 and Custom Image 2. I recently noticed that this icon has disappeared over the course of my experimenting, and now Custom Image 1 is grayed out (but not Custom Image 2). This icon's disappearance was probably the result of whatever option I managed to find that eliminated the unused space (to me) on the left side of the page.
If all of that is correct, is there a way to place a custom-link, custom-icon, back in the upper left-hand corner, i.e., over the thumbnails, the way I have that "Home" text up there, in the old ...Houston-svBuilder/ page?
7) I would have added the full .jap file if I could have included a file here; I didn't want to bloat this post any more, by putting it inline, but I'll be glad to do so if you'd like to see it.