Topic: Non-flash browsers show "Cannot load from Flickr"

Hi,

I have set up SimpleViewer (V2.2) in a public Dropbox account for testing and I am using a Flickr feed. I get the Flash version to work fine, but non-flash browsers throw out a "Cannot load from Flickr" error note.

I have tried several gallery.xml configurations, but I can't get it to work. Please help.

Here's the link and gallery.xml code: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26960752/test4/index.html

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<simpleviewergallery

galleryStyle="MODERN"
    useFlickr="true"
    title=""
    textColor="FFFFFF"
    frameColor="FFFFFF"
    frameWidth="20"
    thumbPosition="LEFT"
    thumbColumns="4"
    thumbRows="2"
    showOpenButton="FALSE"
    showFullscreenButton="FALSE"   
    maxImageWidth="610"
    maxImageHeight="640"
    flickrUserName="CGWeb"
    flickrSetId="72157626410730343"    flickrTags="Home"    languageCode="AUTO"
    languageList=""    captionFontName="Courier New, Courier"    titleFontName="Courier New, Courier"
    flickrTitleFontName="Courier New, Courier"    thumbPreloading="ALL"    imagePreloading="ALL"    backgroundColor="#27201B"    captionPadding="2"    thumbVAlign="TOP"    thumbNavStyle="NUMERIC"    showImageNumber="FALSE"    stageBorder="15">

</simpleviewergallery>

Re: Non-flash browsers show "Cannot load from Flickr"

Try removing the flickrUserName="CGWeb" entry from your gallery's XML file. It is not required when using the flickrSetId option.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

That appeared to have worked. Thanks Steven.

I know I tried that before (after reading the forum), maybe t'was a local caching or Flickr issue then.

To save us tweaking time in the future, maybe you could ask the developers to update the code so that flickrUserName is automatically ignored if flickrSetId is used.

Thanks for the help.

To save us tweaking time in the future, maybe you could ask the developers to update the code so that flickrUserName is automatically ignored if flickrSetId is used.

I have already contacted the developers regarding this issue. Hopefully it will be implemented in a future version.

Steven Speirs

This is only an issue if the set is not owned by the specified user. The workaround is to remove the flickrUserId as Steven mentioned. In the next version we will fix this to ensure consistency between the Flash player and the mobile player.

Felix Turner