Topic: Main Image "FILL" does not do what it should

As I understood correctly, "FILL" in the Main Image dialog should make SVP fill the entire space of the gallery with the image loaded - am I right? So - no matter how big or small or whatever ration the browser is, the image should always fill the entire space.

I've tried EVERYTHING...all my values are at 100%...in the gallery, embed code, the div the gallery is in, body and html tags...EVERYTHING. But still - I get a free space on either side of the image.

Here's the link to the page: http://www.umbertofederico.de/ufp2012/index.html

Would be great if anyone could help...thanks!

EDIT

I just tried to get it to work with a local gallery and it does - so why doesn't it with Flickr??

Last edited by bewhoyouare (2012-01-18 05:14:53)

Re: Main Image "FILL" does not do what it should

The default values for maxImageHeight and maxImageWidth may not be large enough for your images to fill the image area in certain browser window sizes.
Try adding the following settings to your gallery's XML file:

maxImageHeight="3000"
maxImageWidth="5000"
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

That made it work... THANK YOU!!! Why is there no way to set those values in the app? I was looking for them but they disappear once you switch to flickr...

thanks again

The size of the main image will not exceed the values for maxImageWidth and maxImageHeight. Therefore, when using imageScaleMode="FILL", the maxImageWidth and maxImageHeight options should be set to values beyond the largest browser window size you envisage your gallery's viewers using (for both Flickr and XML galleries) if you want to ensure that the main image completely fills the image area.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.