Topic: Automatic Resizing: AutoViewer gallery embedded in HTML5 page

Hi,

I'm using Lightroom 3 and Dreamweaver CS5 to build and update my website.  I make my galleries in Lightroom, export/upload from Lightroom, and embed them in my web pages using an iframe.

You can see my website at:

www.rkdvisuals.com

As you can see, the galleries re-size according to the width of the page.  The relevant area of the source code is as follows:

<iframe src=

"http://rkdvisuals.com/lightroom/welcome/index.html"

style="width:100%; height:633px;

border-color:#990033;

border-style:solid;

border-width:0px"

scrolling="no" >

</iframe>

However, I'd be interested in having the galleries re-size height-wise as well, preferably with a minimum and maximum height (which I assume can be controlled somewhat by limiting the size of the images on export in Lightroom).  Ideally, there'd be a minimum height of 300px and a maximum height of 800px.

I've tried setting the height to 100%, but it always screws up and makes the gallery extremely small.

Is there a way to change my code the way it is and make this work? (maybe I have to change the styling of that "content" div?...) or do I have to switch from iframe to something else? help!! I'm somewhat new to HTML and Javascript but I learn quickly, I promise.

Thanks in advance,

-Ramzi Dreessen

Last edited by dreesse1 (2012-01-24 04:21:11)

Re: Automatic Resizing: AutoViewer gallery embedded in HTML5 page

I've tried setting the height to 100%, but it always screws up and makes the gallery extremely small.

Try setting the height to 100% but take note of this FAQ which may help: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … ml#embed_7
The FAQ is in the SimpleViewer section but also applies to other viewers.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Okay,

I took a look, and set the html, body, and content div heights in the CSS to 100%, with the same result.  You can see it in the source of a test page I uploaded here:

http://rkdvisuals.com/TEMP.html

Maybe this has something to do with the other divs being a set height in pixels...? I'm still a bit confused.

Thanks for your help,

-Ramzi

Your page contains HTML errors which should be fixed.
Try validating your page with the W3C Markup Validation Service and fix the errors reported.
Also, you can validate your CSS with the W3C CSS Validator and do likewise.
The cause of the small height of your AutoViewer gallery seems to be caused by the following line within your CSS:

*/<!-- content -->

This should be replaced with:

*/
Steven Speirs

Hi Steven. I have a same problem as dreesse1.

check out www.borisvezmar.com

i validated the page and it has no errors on both validators, but my gallery is still shrinked. How to get it to 100% of the screen?

thanks

@bocca

Try giving all parent containers of the gallery (up to and including 'body' and 'html') a height via CSS.
Please see this FAQ: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … ml#embed_7
The FAQ is in the SimpleViewer support section but applies to the other viewers.

Steven Speirs

did it and nothing happened sad

I made a completly new page. Only has header, and gallery, nothing else. Everything is set to 100% (html, body, and gallery container), yet still the gallery is shrinked

here is the example code. I've been viewing it for hours and can not seem to find mistakes.

http://paste2.org/p/1906033

You need a ; after the height: 100% entry in the 'html' section of your CSS as you have other entries following this one.

Steven Speirs

temporary mistake, and one fixed soon after. However still no results.

I managed to get the gallery in fullsize however, but it's taking much of the space, and scroll bar apears. I thought it's gonna size itself to the available space on the page. I need it to be on one page without scrolling, be it on full hd 24" monitor or 13" laptop. Of course, smaller resolution means smaller pics in autoviewer but that's ok with me. Did I get something wrong about all that 100% thingie? Is it supposed to grow as big as it needs, nevermind the bottom of the page view?

and scroll bar apears

To hide the scrollbar, add the following code to your HTML document's CSS:

html {
    overflow: hidden;
}

I thought it's gonna size itself to the available space on the page.

The gallery currently does resize itself when the size of the user's browser window changes and your header, footer and gallery are all displayed on the page without the need to scroll.
I'm unsure as to what you'd like to change in the current layout (other than hiding the scroll bar).

Steven Speirs

Steven Speirs wrote:

You need a ; after the height: 100% entry in the 'html' section of your CSS as you have other entries following this one.buy marijuana seedsweed seedsbuy cannabis seedsmarijuana seeds for salepot seeds

Thanks Stephen, this was exactly what i was missing, thanks for the help smile hostgator promo code
Jean sms marketingfinish line couponsfinish line promo codesgmail smtp servergodaddy promo codewhat is smtphostmonster couponnetfirms coupondreamhost couponbluehost couponabcde f ghijklmnop q r