Topic: Republish without Adobe Flash Professional

I have just bought Autoviewer-Pro as this version offers the flexibility I need for my website.
But to my horror I just realized, that to be able to use many of the possibilities in the Pro-version, I also need to buy Adobe Flash Professional CS5.5 (US price: 699$) (to open the autoviewer.fla file).

I know I can just download an 30-day evaluation version, but as a professional I don't want to do this every 30 days (and I am pretty sure it can only be done once).

Are there any plans for versions of the AirTight products that can be customized, without having to pay 20-30 times the price for the Airtight product ?
Or are there any workarounds to be able to republish Autoviewer projects ?

Kind regards
Flemming

Re: Republish without Adobe Flash Professional

Are there any plans for versions of the AirTight products that can be customized, without having to pay 20-30 times the price for the Airtight product ?

The current versions of both SimpleViewer-Pro (v2.2.0) and TiltViewer-Pro (v1.3.1) are fully customizable via options set in the gallery's XML file (and do not come with source code).
Please see this FAQ regarding SimpleViewer-Pro: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … #presale_3
As far as I am aware, there are no plans to do likewise with AutoViewer-Pro and PostcardViewer-Pro.

Or are there any workarounds to be able to republish Autoviewer projects ?

There is no alternative solution for publishing a new SWF file.
However, this is required only when using a Pro-only option: http://www.simpleviewer.net/autoviewer/ … s.html#pro
AutoViewer-Standard options are set via XML: http://www.simpleviewer.net/autoviewer/ … tions.html

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I've just hit the same problem, I bought the pro version in good faith and now realise that the three things we wanted to do with it we can't until we shell out a ton more cash. We simply want to left-justify, enable auto-play and remove the lower right logo.

With the added complication that I don't even know what software I need from the available adobe range and we don't have any staff with experience in flash - which is why we bought a product rather than making our own!

The site says "Open \source\autoviewer.fla using Macromedia Flash 8 (or later)."
I don't seem to be able to find any version of Macromedia Flash for sale. Do I have to buy Flash Builder or Flash Professional CS6? are they backwardly compatible?

sad

I don't seem to be able to find any version of Macromedia Flash for sale.

Adobe acquired Macromedia back in 2005.
The current equivalent that you would need to use is Adobe Flash Professional CS6.

Do I have to buy Flash Builder or Flash Professional CS6?

No. You can download a 30-day trial version from this web page. Click 'Try' rather than 'Buy'. The trial version is fully functional and will allow you publish as many custom AutoViewer-Pro SWF files as you like within that time period.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.