Topic: Links to photos broken [local publish only]

I've recently moved svBUILDER-pro v2.2 to a new 64bit W7 computer. Galleries published to local drives have broken photo links, but when FTPd to web server work fine, as usual. Seems like a problem with the link info. Am I doing something wrong?

Re: Links to photos broken [local publish only]

If the gallery works when uploaded to a web server, it would appear that there is nothing wrong with the internal relative URLs which point to the support files (JavaScript files, thumbnails and images).
Would you be able to zip and upload a small sample gallery folder created by svBuilder-Pro which exhibits this behavior so that I can take a look and perhaps help further? Thank you.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steven Speirs wrote:

Would you be able to zip and upload a small sample gallery folder created by svBuilder-Pro which exhibits this behavior so that I can take a look and perhaps help further? Thank you.

Sure, but I don't see where to upload to.

Jonathan

Sure, but I don't see where to upload to.

Anywhere on your web space via FTP. Then post the URL to the file so that I can download it.

Steven Speirs

I take it you mean anywhere that's available to me ... I'm glad to but I'd rather email you the link. Do you have an email address to use?

Please check your email. I have sent you a message. Thank you.

Steven Speirs

Thank you for supplying the zip file.
The problem seems to arise from your images having image filenames that start with a space.
As each image filename forms part of a URL when it is uploaded to a web server, it would be wise to use only web-safe characters for image filenames.
Please see section 2.3 of this document for details: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt

Characters that are allowed in a URI but do not have a reserved purpose are called unreserved. These include uppercase and lowercase letters, decimal digits, hyphen, period, underscore, and tilde.

Steven Speirs