Topic: Layout in IE8

I have a simpleviewer gallery (v2.2.0) on my home page www.capturesquephotography.com.au. I have recently upgraded to IE8 and for some reason, I now see a lot of extra space above and below the gallery. This extra white space never used to be there in IE7 and is not there when i browse using other browsers like firefox, chrome and safari. The same thing happens for the individual galleries in my portfolio www.capturesquephotography.com.au/Portfolio.aspx.

What could be the reason for this?

Re: Layout in IE8

Please see the 'Layout Troubleshooting' section entitled I have extra spacing in my gallery. How do I get rid of it? in the SimpleViewer-Pro Layout Guide in case it helps: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … ml#trouble

This extra white space never used to be there in IE7 and is not there when i browse using other browsers like firefox, chrome and safari.

Differences in web pages between different browsers can often be attributed to HTML errors on the page.
You can validate your page's code with the W3C Markup Validation Service and fix any errors found.
Also, you can validate your CSS with the W3C CSS Validation Service and do likewise.
Once your page validates correctly, it is more likely to be rendered with greater consistency across different browsers.
This may or may not help but it might be worth trying.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Layout in IE8

Thanks for the quick reply. It looks as though the extra space is coming from somewhere within my HTML and not the gallery itself. I've done a quick web search and it seems that a lot of people have had this problem so I'm looking into it.
Thanks.