Topic: Help! Gallery not working

Hi,

Im sure you have many questions but I am struggling with simple viewer to work. I have followed the instructions to the T and it just says "No images specified in Gallery XML".

I have recreated it on another site and i works fine. I have turned off all plugins etc etc the standard checks.

when I click on edit galleries i see there is nothing under "post title" , judging from other site it seems the gallery is supposed to show the page title there that it has "attached" itself to so to say.

I have add my images, reordered them, captioned them and saved all changes and added gallery and nothing, then i tried the other way around and nothing.

anyone got any ideas as to what the hek is going on and what I can try try.

How can I get the "Post title" to be added/show under edit galleries? Im pretty sure if i can solve that itll work, seems the gallery is not associated t the page.

Cheers
Simon

Re: Help! Gallery not working

I have recreated it on another site and i works fine.

Does the server on which it does not work fulfil all the requirements: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … iewer/#req
It is does, as well as temporarily disabling all other plugins, try reverting to the default WordPress theme to see if this makes any difference.
Also, make sure that you are using the latest versions of both WordPress (v3.3.1) and WP-SimpleViewer (v2.2.0).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steve thanks for the reply,

I have checked server settings etc with latest versions of everything.

The strange thing is it did work once but the images were in the wrong order but when I reordered them it wouldnt update on the gallery, so I decided to delete that gallery and start again and put the images in the right order first, and it wouldnt add the new gallery to the page " No images specified in gallery xml "

I been having this problem all day then all of a sudden it worked now it does work again. im sure im either missing something stupid but I've followed the instructions and I have made it work before.

cheers

I found the problem, im using wp-post-tabs plugin and when you first creat the gallery it cant be inside a tab, so build the gallery xml first outside of the tabs structure on the page then update and then move the gallery where you want it and itll work smile

I'm glad you have solved your problem. Thank you for posting back to let us know.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.