Topic: Compatibility issues with WP Version 3.3.1?

I just created a new WP blog Version 3.3.1, added my SV plugin, but the "Add Simpleviewer Gallery" button is not showing up anywhere...   sad Any ideas?

Re: Compatibility issues with WP Version 3.3.1?

WP-SimpleViewer is compatible with WordPress v3.3.1.
Please make sure that all the requirements for WP-SimpleViewer are met: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … iewer/#req
If you continue to experience difficulties, try temporarily deactivating all your other plugins and reverting to the default WordPress theme in case there is any conflict. If it then works, you can reactivate your plugins one by one to find the one that is incompatible.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi, Steven!

This is a brand new WP install with no plugins except for SV.  I have SV working just fine on all my other blogs.  Something *has* changed with WP, though, and you need to be aware of it.  I have another install that says it is v3.3.1, but the'add media' function is different between the two installs; the latest has a drag-and-drop file uploader.  In any event, my "Add Simpleviewer Gallery" is not showing up...

Last edited by skippix (2012-02-06 16:38:38)

Something *has* changed with WP, though, and you need to be aware of it.  I have another install that says it is v3.3.1, but the'add media' function is different between the two installs; the latest has a drag-and-drop file uploader.

That is correct. However, it does not affect the functionality of WP-SimpleViewer.
I have WordPress v3.3.1 installed and WP-SimpleViewer v2.2.0 works fine.
I can successfully create a SimpleViewer gallery with WP-SimpleViewer using WordPress's new drag-and drop 'Add Media' functionality.

If your 'Add SimpleViewer Gallery' button does not show, what happens when you change the method of input from 'HTML' to 'Visual' (or vice versa)? Does anything show up then?
Also, do you have the 'SimpleViewer' gallery options menu at the bottom right hand corner of the Dashboard or is this also missing?

Steven Speirs

Now we're getting somewhere.  There is a SV button on the Visual tab, but nothing on the HTML tab.  I can live with that, but find it a little inconsistent.  Everything else seems to be the same; I'll let you know if I notice anything else.

Thanks for your help with this!

On further investigation, this seems to be a bug introduced when WordPress reached version 3.3.1 (ie. no 'Add SimpleViewer Gallery' text button when the post's method of entry is 'HTML').
Thank you for reporting. I will log a bug report.

Steven Speirs