Topic: possible to automatically advance images?

While I am going to be using the simpleviewer as full blown albums with thumbnails on some web pages, I want to put a small gallery on my home page, without any thumbnails. (like a little slide show really) I've created this and it's good, but is there some way to have the photos advance on their own without a "next" button?

thanks in advance!

Re: possible to automatically advance images?

You would need to purchase SimpleViewer-Pro and then use the Pro-only option autoPlayOnLoad="TRUE" in your gallery's XML file.
Please see the 'AutoPlay' options in the 'SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options' page for details: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … l#autoplay
If you want to disable the 'previous' and 'next' navigation buttons, you can set the Pro-only option showImageNav="NEVER"
Please see the 'Image Overlay Options' section for details:http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pro/support/pro_options.html#overlay

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

so this option is only available with the pro version than? thank you for your quick answer!

so this option is only available with the pro version than?

Yes, indeed.

Steven Speirs

since you're here right now, I have one more quick question..

I am typing in captions in the caption boxes, but they are not showing up in the browser. the 3 choices under images > captions don't seem to get them working? why is this?

edit: ok, and one more question...

and, is there anyway to re-arrange the photos, once I've built the gallery?

Last edited by tweety (2012-02-05 04:00:52)

Try clearing your browser's cache before reloading the gallery in order to see any changes made.
Your browser is probably hanging on to an older version of your gallery's XML file (which does not contain captions) and using this rather than reloading the new version from your web server.

Steven Speirs

Yes. You can drag and drop images into a new order in svBuilder's 'Images' tab (and then re-save the gallery on the 'Publish' tab).
Alternatively, you can use the 'Images -> Sort' options from the drop-down menu at the top to sort images into File Name or File Date order.

Steven Speirs

Steven Speirs wrote:

Try clearing your browser's cache before reloading the gallery in order to see any changes made.
Your browser is probably hanging on to an older version of your gallery's XML file (which does not contain captions) and using this rather than reloading the new version from your web server.

Okay, I see that now, the captions only show up when I mouse over the images... is there a way to make them be there whether they mouse over the image or not? I am dealing some very computer illiterate people here. They won't figure that out, matter of fact, I didn't figure that out  smile

Steven Speirs wrote:

Yes. You can drag and drop images into a new order in svBuilder's 'Images' tab (and then re-save the gallery on the 'Publish' tab).
Alternatively, you can use the 'Images -> Sort' options from the drop-down menu at the top to sort images into File Name or File Date order.

And if I wanted to insert just one picture in one particular place, I suppose I could edit the xml file, correct?

After reading the pro comparison, it looks like I should probably purchase the pro version... we are a non-profit club and I will check into this tomorrow...

yes, I would like to be able to change the colors of the buttons and the overlays for sure anyway...

the captions only show up when I mouse over the images... is there a way to make them be there whether they mouse over the image or not?

With SimpleViewer-Standard, you could reposition the captions to captionPosition="LEFT" or captionPosition="RIGHT" so that they are not part of the image overlay.
With SimpleViewer-Pro, you could simply use showOverlay="ALWAYS" (with no need to reposition the captions).

And if I wanted to insert just one picture in one particular place, I suppose I could edit the xml file, correct?

Correct.

Steven Speirs