Topic: Gallery XML Not Found when flash is disabled

Platform
SV Pro 2.2.0

Problem
When viewing the SVPro gallery using a non-flash enabled device including a handheld (Android), the message "Gallery XML Not Found" is displayed.

Details
The native gallery is: andrewcosta.com/limoncello
This works fine on both Flash and non-Flash (PC and handheld)

The blog gallery is on Blogger platform located at foodwineatl.blogspot.com

The gallery is embedded into the blog using this code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://andrewcosta.com/limoncello/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js">
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.baseURL = "http://andrewcosta.com/limoncello/";
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "600", "700", "ffffff", true, flashvars);
});
</script><br />
<div id="sv-container"></div>

Other
This works fine on flash-enabled PC.  It does not work on mobile or PC with flash disabled.

Cache has been cleared several times on all devices.

I have researched this here and via Google and have not come up with anything.

My suspicion is that relative paths are the issue, I have looked at full.html but then read that should not need to be touched.

Thanks in advance
Andrew

Re: Gallery XML Not Found when flash is disabled

The problem is that the gallery is hosted on a different domain to the HTML document containing the embedding code.
For the Mobile Player to function correctly, all files must be on the same domain.
If you wish to embed a gallery on a different domain, you could load the gallery into an <iframe> (rather than using the embedding code you currently use).
However, please note that currently, in Mobile Safari iOS 5.0.1, a SimpleViewer gallery will not be displayed in an <iframe> if the gallery is hosted on a different domain to the HTML page containing the <iframe> code. The developers are looking into this.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the reply Steven.

Is the problem a design issue, a standards issue with the browsers (i.e. to prevent x-site scripting attacks, or something else?)

Do you see this functionality getting baked into another release?

Can I get the same UX if I use the iframe approach for the PC user who uses flash?

My functional requirement is that the mobile and PC user can view the galleries.  It sounds like you're saying the iframe approach is the only way to do this.  Let me know otherwise.

Thanks again
Andrew

Is the problem a design issue, a standards issue with the browsers (i.e. to prevent x-site scripting attacks, or something else?)

It is a browser security issue. Try a web search with terms such as 'javascript cross domain' for more information.

Can I get the same UX if I use the iframe approach for the PC user who uses flash?

Yes. The only drawback of using an <iframe> over the embedding code approach is that the 'Go Full Window' button will be automatically disabled for the Mobile Player. Otherwise, the user will experience no other differences.

It sounds like you're saying the iframe approach is the only way to do this.

Yes. Unless you are able to host all files on the same domain.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.