Topic: Full Screen view on iPad

I don't seem to be able to get a true full-screen picture on an iPad with SimpleViewer Pro (V 2.2.0), as I am always seeing the Safari toolbar / adressbar on top. The SimpleViewer Pro web page (http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pro/) shows pictures of iPads in true full-screen mode, so it seems this should be possible. Any suggestions?

Re: Full Screen view on iPad

Does the address bar disappear when you view this sample gallery on your iPad?
If not, try adding the following line of code to the <head> section of your gallery's HTML index page:

<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes" />
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

No, it's still there on that gallery. I tried placing the extra line in the head section of index.html as well, but still no change.

You could also try the suggestions found in this forum thread.

The address bar disappears when I view the 'Modern' sample gallery on my iPod Touch iOS 5.0.1.
What firmware version is your iPad?

Steven Speirs

Version is 5.0.1, on iPad original. I tried on an iPad2 running 5.0.1 as well and got the same result. I'll try the suggestions on the forum thread and report back...

Tried both meta tags and the timeout script (one at a time), but still no effect. The toolbar is always there!

To display a gallery without the browser chrome on iOS, you need to do 'Add To Home Screen' on the gallery URL. Then open the gallery from the home screen icon.

Felix Turner

Tried opening the gallery from icon created via 'Add to Home Screen' - address bar is still there!

OK, after a restart of the ipad the icon I made on the Home Page is now hiding the toolbar!

A couple of thoughts though:

- This is approach is complicate to explain to users I wish to share my album with. Further, many won't be bothered to make an icon, or won't want another icon on their Home Screen - so a direct method would seem very desirable. Is there a way to send a button in an e-mail that installs the icon on the Home Screen with one touch?

- Second, this doesn't seem to be true full-screen either, as it still shows a little black iPad bar on top (which is not there in full screen mode of the Apple photo app). Any way to get rid of that bar too?

Cheers