Topic: WP Pro plugin - overlay captions on right?

Love this gallery plugin  smile

Any way to have the captions show as an overlay (semi-transparent) on the right of the main image?

Cheers

Re: WP Pro plugin - overlay captions on right?

When using WP-SimpleViewer, the default Gallery Style is 'COMPACT'.
This effectively sets captionPosition="OVERLAY_BOTTOM". If not using the 'COMPACT' style, you will first need to set captionPosition="OVERLAY_BOTTOM" in the Pro Options text area.
Then set captionTextAlignment="RIGHT" in the Pro Options text area.
The full range of Caption Options can be found here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … ml#caption

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Steven.
What I meant was, is it possible to have the overlay effect, like you get with the top or bottom (text on semi transparent panel), but have the panel & text running down the right hand side? I can achieve the caption panel on the right of the image, but not overlaid or semi transparent?

Also, if you're still around, is it possible to run my gallery as a slideshow. I can get it to autostart & loop, but it stops if the user clicks on the image... how to restart automatically if they mouseoff or click again???

Many thanks for a great plugin.  smile

What I meant was, is it possible to have the overlay effect, like you get with the top or bottom (text on semi transparent panel), but have the panel & text running down the right hand side? I can achieve the caption panel on the right of the image, but not overlaid or semi transparent?

Try using the captionBackOpacity Pro Option (0=transparent, 1=opaque).

Also, if you're still around, is it possible to run my gallery as a slideshow. I can get it to autostart & loop, but it stops if the user clicks on the image... how to restart automatically if they mouseoff or click again???

You can add an AutoPlay button to the Button Bar (so that a user can start and stop the slideshow) by setting the Pro Option showAutoPlayButton="TRUE".

Steven Speirs

Finally sussed the slideshow for the front page - didn't notice the imageClickMode="NONE" function.

This means we only need one plugin for a front page slideshow & also galleries with thumbs etc elsewhere on the site. Awesome  big_smile

Now if only we could get the captions overlaid over the image on the right it would be PERFECT, but I guess you can't have everything...

Now if only we could get the captions overlaid over the image on the right it would be PERFECT, but I guess you can't have everything...

I now see what you mean. The overlay can be positioned at the top or bottom of the main image only (not to the left or right).

Steven Speirs