Topic: A couple newbie questions

I am really liking the pro version of this, especially with the svbuilder program... it is making creating galleries way easier than other programs I have used in the past...

I am wondering about a couple things,

If I edit the xml file as far as size of the gallery (I am embedding them into existing htm pages) or if I add/take out photos, what file(s) need to then be reloaded onto the server?  Just the xml file and/or the whole svcore sub-directory?

and also, I added a couple hyperlinks into a few pictures and then turned that on in the svbuilder, it than makes it where if you click on any picture, it will want to jump to the original jpg. I don't like this, so is the solution to create the hyperlinks in the xml file individually to eliminate this problem? I have how to do that bookmarked from searching the forums, but it seems like kind of a pain.

What would happen if I backspaced the image file name out of all the images that didn't have hyperlinks in them in the svbuilder?... would probably just be easier to turn that off and than edit the xml file for hyperlinks in my case..

I really don't like how once you click on a photo, it turns the autoplay off... the audience I'm dealing with is just not smart enough to figure out that they have to click up in the top buttons to turn it on again... wish there was another solution to that.. if there is, please let me know.

thanks in advance,
Juli

Re: A couple newbie questions

If I edit the xml file as far as size of the gallery (I am embedding them into existing htm pages) or if I add/take out photos, what file(s) need to then be reloaded onto the server?  Just the xml file and/or the whole svcore sub-directory?

If you edit the gallery's XML file, then this is the only file that will need to be re-uploaded (other than perhaps new images and thumbnails if adding images to the gallery). The 'svcore' folder is the same for every SimpleViewer-Pro gallery and does not change.

it than makes it where if you click on any picture, it will want to jump to the original jpg

You can change the behavior of clicking on a main image by using the imageClickMode option
Possible options are NAVIGATE, OPEN_URL (which it sounds like your gallery currently uses) and NONE.
Please see the 'Main Image' section of the SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options page for a description of the imageClickMode option.

I really don't like how once you click on a photo, it turns the autoplay off... the audience I'm dealing with is just not smart enough to figure out that they have to click up in the top buttons to turn it on again... wish there was another solution to that.. if there is, please let me know.

There is no alternative to this. Once a user has turned off AutoPlay, they must click on the AutoPlay Button (on the Button Bar) to restart the slide show.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.