Topic: New to simple viewer 2.2.0

Hi all,
I have been using the old version of simplevewier on my website, but as i am doing a complete revamp and using v2.2.0 i am having troule embedding it in my pages, can some one explain after building my gallery, what should i choose as my ‘index page name’ ? as i already have a folder with a template to add the veiwer to.
No doubt I will have more questions until i get the hang of the new version  smile

Thanks in advance.

Glen.

Re: New to simple viewer 2.2.0

If using svBuilder-Pro to create a gallery, the default name for the gallery's HTML index page will be 'index.html'.
You can change this name to anything you like. The file is used when:
(1) You link directly to the gallery (to open the gallery in a new tab/window on its own), or...
(2) You embed the gallery using an <iframe> (loading the gallery's HTML index page into the <iframe>)
If you use the recommended embedding code to embed the gallery in an existing page alongside other content, then the gallery's HTML index page is not actually required.

To avoid duplicate file names clashing, you can keep all the gallery files inside the gallery folder (so if your gallery's HTML index page is named 'index.html' it will not clash with any other file also named 'index.html' outside the gallery folder), upload the complete gallery folder (not just the contents) to your web server and embed the gallery in your page using the baseURL method as documented here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#external

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven, thanks for info,

I'm not using pro, but I guess I still have to place the code into an iframe? as I dont have one at the moment, I placed the code into my page code  yikes

Last edited by gangeox (2012-02-13 12:45:44)

I'm not using pro

Sorry. I should have typed svBuilder (not svBuilder-Pro). However, the embedding methods for SimpleViewer-Standard and SimpleViewer-Pro are identical.

but I guess I still have to place the code into an iframe?

You can use either an <iframe> or the recommended embedding code. Either will work (the only difference being that if you use an <iframe>, the Fullscreen Button will be automatically disabled in the Mobile Player).

as I dont have one at the moment, I placed the code into my page code

Does the gallery work? If not, please post the URL to your gallery so that we can take a look and help further.

Steven Speirs

Thanks again for the help,

I have managed to embed the code into my page (this gives me the full screen option that i like) but i'm now struggling to remove the padding, so when i open my page it moves everything else on my page to accomodate the viewer, i have managed to change the size of the veiwer but not remove the padding alltogether hmm

thanks

Glen.

i have managed to change the size of the veiwer but not remove the padding alltogether

Please take a look at the 'Layout Troubleshooting' section of the SimpleViewer-Pro Layout Guide.
There is a section entitled I have extra spacing in my gallery. How do I get rid of it? which has several suggestions and may help.
Suggestions #1, the first part of #3 and #5 may help with a SimpleViewer-Standard (non-Pro) gallery.
After making any changes, you may need to clear your browser's cache in order to see the changes made.
If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that we can take a look.

Steven Speirs

Hello again,

Reading , more into it seams i may need pro to alter the padding behind the image as the standard version does not allow adjustment. I dont have a problem purchasing pro as i reckon i will get more options that could be of some use, i tried putting a link to the page but it says you will have to insert my password to view it  sad

Here is the address:

ftp://ftp.urbanography.org.uk/test/clip … lliery.htm

Your web page can be viewed without a password by visiting http://urbanography.org.uk/test/clipstonecolliery.htm
There is only the default stagePadding in your gallery itself. The other space around the gallery is due to the CSS on your page.
Your gallery dimensions are expressed as percentages (of its parent container).
All other widths and heights on your page seem to be expressed as absolute pixel values.
Try setting the gallery dimensions (in the 'simpleviewer.load()' line) as absolute pixel values, too.
Otherwise, you could try setting the gallery dimensions as 100% x 100% and define the gallery's parent container's size as absolute pixel values. In doing so, the gallery should completely fill its parent container no matter what its size.

Steven Speirs