Topic: Error on Wordpress admin side (parse error)

Hello,

When I try to go to the WP-SV Galleries wordpress menu (used to configure and create gallery.xml files), I got the following error message :
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /.../www/wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer_v1.5.4_modified/wp-simpleviewer-admin.php on line 1158

The visited URL is http://www.guillaumemenant.fr/wp-admin/ … viewer.php

I also got the same error when I try to go to the WP-Simpleviewer settings.

When I had this problem, I was cleaning my plugin list within Wordpress and deleted from the Wordpress interface a wp-simpleviewer v2.2.0 and a wp-simpleviewer v1. These 2 were not active but perhaps Wordpress also modified something in the database ?

I tried to update my Wordpress version also since and it didn't fix the problem.

EDIT : I also had issues to visualize my already created galleries. I restored some values in the sql database and it's now working but I still hav a problem with the admin part...

EDIT n°2 : I tried with wp-simpleviewer_v1 from your website (should be the v1.5.4 like mine) and it works... The problem is I previously done some modifications on my version of the pugin to build large galleries without php timeout, can you help me on this point ? Give me the original v1.5.4 version to make a diff or a solution ?

Thanks a lot  for your help.

Last edited by GuillaumeMenant (2012-02-14 14:07:23)

Re: Error on Wordpress admin side (parse error)

When I try to go to the WP-SV Galleries wordpress menu (used to configure and create gallery.xml files), I got the following error message :
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /.../www/wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer_v1.5.4_modified/wp-simpleviewer-admin.php on line 1158

There is no instance of '$end' in the 'wp-simpleviewer-admin.php' file of the official release of WP-SimpleViewer v1.5.4.
Is this something you introduced when modifying the plugin?
If so, perhaps reinstalling the plugin from this page (or at least replacing your current 'wp-simpleviewer-admin.php' file with the original one from the official plugin) will help with this problem.

Give me the original v1.5.4 version to make a diff or a solution ?

In order to convert the renamed version of v1.5.4 available from this page to the original version of v1.5.4:
(1) Rename the unzipped plugin folder from 'wp-simpleviewer-v1' to 'wp-simpleviewer'
(2) Rename the 'wp-simpleviewer-v1.php' file (directly inside the plugin folder) to 'wp-simpleviewer.php'
(3) Open the newly renamed 'wp-simpleviewer.php' file in a plain text editor and change the comment on line 3 from 'Plugin Name: WP-SimpleViewer-v1' to 'Plugin Name: WP-SimpleViewer'

The problem is I previously done some modifications on my version of the pugin to build large galleries without php timeout

In reinstalling the plugin, any modifications you had previously made will be lost and you will need to reinstate them.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.