Topic: WP-SV plugin + Jquery Colorbox

Hi, I recently installed the WP-SV plugin on my website, but unfortunately it causes my website to load very slow. So I checked the specs again and noticed that you write on your website about some incompatible wp-plugins, one of them is jquery colorbox.
This plugin is part of my theme (Village from theme province, themeforest), is there any way to make the wp-sv plugin work together with the jquery colorbox plugin?

Re: WP-SV plugin + Jquery Colorbox

is there any way to make the wp-sv plugin work together with the jquery colorbox plugin?

Unfortunately, not that I am aware of.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

ok too bad, but thank you for your response! smile

I have done some further investigation.
The last time I checked WP-SimpleViewer and jQuery Colorbox was a while ago so I have now checked the current versions of both (v2.2.0 and v4.2 respectively).
With previous versions of both plugins being activated together, the jQuery Colorbox plugin did not work at all and WP-SimpleViewer did not work when both plugins were used on the same page (though in different posts).
With the current versions of both plugins being activated together, things are a little different and look promising at first glance as both plugins function, even when both plugins are used on the same page.
However, in Firefox, the jQuery Colorbox's frame is hidden behind the WP-SimpleViewer gallery and in IE9, the entire jQuery Colorbox image itself is hidden behind the WP-SimpleViewer gallery.
Therefore, jQuery Colorbox is still incompatible with WP-SimpleViewer.

Steven Speirs

With regard to the jQuery Colorbox plugin, try setting your WP-SimpleViewer gallery's background to be transparent by selecting the 'Background Transparent' checkbox in the gallery settings window. This should work. Please see this jQuery Colorbox FAQ for details: http://jacklmoore.com/colorbox/faq/#faq-flash

Steven Speirs