Topic: Only seeing 1 thumbnail at a time

I uploaded my gallery after using SVPro, made some changes using svManager and now I'm only seeing 1 thumbnail (with <> arrows) at a time in the gallery. I was seeing all 6 thumbnails after uploading the gallery from SVPro and no matter what changes I make in svManager to the thumbnail menu, all I see is 1 thumbnail at a time.

Is there some place else to change the number of thumbnails? Is this issue/problem common with svManager?

Last edited by PapaGeo09 (2012-02-17 08:40:10)

Re: Only seeing 1 thumbnail at a time

Could you post a URL so we can see exactly what's happening? If you don't want to make your URL public at this stage then email me via the forum.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

jack wrote:

Could you post a URL so we can see exactly what's happening? If you don't want to make your URL public at this stage then email me via the forum.

jack

Sorry, didn't think about that tongue. I have the the thumb column/rows set at 6 & 6, but can't seem to get them to show up.

Last edited by PapaGeo09 (2012-02-17 17:34:59)

Is this issue/problem common with svManager?

No, not to my knowledge. I think I see what the problem is but I don't know how you got there! Maybe you can work it out.

The xml file containing the gallery settings is here: http://www.centerlinephotography.net/ga … allery.xml

Here's an extract from the simpleviewer tag at the top of the file:

...thumbColumns="6" thumbRows="6" 
...lots of other settings and then...
thumbnailColumns="1" thumbnailRows="1" ...

Now thumbnailColumns and thumbnailRows were the correct settings for Simpleviewer 1. When SimpleViewer 2 was released (some time ago now)  the names changed to thumbRows and thumbColumns but the old settings were still supported.

So it looks like some old SimpleViewer 1 settings are overriding the newer SimpleViewer 2 settings provided by svManager.

If you can edit this file manually and remove the thumbnailColumns and thumbnailRows settings then it should work.

But since I don't know how you got there, I don't know what advice to give to stop it happening again.

Hope all this isn't too confusing – it confused me!

jack

Jack Hardie

jack wrote:

I think I see what the problem is but I don't know how you got there! Maybe you can work it out.

The xml file containing the gallery settings is here:

Here's an extract from the simpleviewer tag at the top of the file:

...thumbColumns="6" thumbRows="6" 
...lots of other settings and then...
thumbnailColumns="1" thumbnailRows="1" ...

Now thumbnailColumns and thumbnailRows were the correct settings for Simpleviewer 1. When SimpleViewer 2 was released (some time ago now)  the names changed to thumbRows and thumbColumns but the old settings were still supported.

So it looks like some old SimpleViewer 1 settings are overriding the newer SimpleViewer 2 settings provided by svManager.

If you can edit this file manually and remove the thumbnailColumns and thumbnailRows settings then it should work.

But since I don't know how you got there, I don't know what advice to give to stop it happening again.

Hope all this isn't too confusing – it confused me!

jack

Thanks Jack, that fixed my problem.

Should I expect to have to delete those 2 lines in the gallery.xml file everytime I make a change in a gallery using svManager?

Can I cut the 2 lines from the svManger master files some how? I didn't see that file in anything but the sample galleries provided in the svManger download.

Again, Thanks!

EDIT: I saw those 2 lines at the top of the gallery.xml file that I outputted from Aperture (different line than svManger file though). Is there a reason they're showing up? They didn't affect the fine tuning I did with svBuilder-Pro 2.2.0 before uploading.

I can output from Aperture using a Flash Album Exporter and I'm wondering if that is outdated. Not even sure where I got it from lol.

Last edited by PapaGeo09 (2012-02-17 17:47:52)

It seems likely that those old settings are leaking through from Aperture. When svManager comes across a setting it doesn't recognise then it just ignores it and leaves it where it found it. It doesn't delete the setting in case there really is some reason it should be there.

jack

Jack Hardie